House Buying Is More Stressful Than Divorce, Death or Bankruptcy

Rebel Pebble

Re: House Buying Is More Stressful Than Divorce, Death or Bankruptcy

Post by Rebel Pebble »

CONGRATS BEENA!

I've never changed locks either.

Not giving all the sets keys to the EAs isn't awful per se, if they'd only been gone by the time funds were in accounts and the keys were officially released and put their set through the letterbox as you say Beena. When we vacated our last house, the EAs were in possession of two sets of keys to hand over on release. I had the third and final set so I could lock up the house on leaving it, since the new owners weren't moving straight in, before posting said keys back through the door.

I was out well before the time deadline though.
Lola

Post by Lola »

A similar thing happened to me once. I got my keys & went to the house to find loads of their stuff still there & they were clearly in the middle of moving. I can’t remember exactly why now.
Beena

Post by Beena »

They've gone, but it's fucking filthy. Absolutely rancid. The kitchen floor tiles have lifted up. There's doors hanging off, it's thick with dust and dirt in every corner, cupboard, behind where the furniture has been. The walls in one bedroom are literally covered in blue tack. Someone has peeled strips of paint off the doors. Backdoor handle is broken. There's a sanitary towel on top of a pile of rotting veg in the garden.

I'd be upset if I wasn't so fucking furious.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm so sorry Beena. That is just horrible. What is wrong with people :verm:

Thank fuck you're not having to spend the night there.
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Oh Beena that is disgusting.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Oh God, filthy fuckers!
Malan
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

You can take action against them for leaving it in that state, Beena. Take lots of photos and advise your solicitor straight away. After everything else shitty they have done to you throughout this process there is no way they can get away with this too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Grim. Do you have any recourse?
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That's foul. Pick the sanitary towel up in a plastic bag and post it to their new address. Filthy fuckers.

Our sellers were still packing when we moved in here. They were hours late. Their movers were so shit that they ended up paying our movers to help. They had been utter cunts to deal with through the whole process, so I should have seen it coming, really.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I'm sorry, Beena. What is wrong with people!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

That's vile. I'm sorry.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I wanted to say that the buying process hugely affected how I felt about this house. The sellers had been so awful that I knew they'd have had no compunction about hiding things from us and was convinced we would find something dreadful and expensive. I cried so much in the first six months; I really hated this house. After we'd had a few tradespeople round for (expected) works I relaxed a bit and now I love the place. Speaking to others it seems to be quite common after a hostile purchase process so I thought I'd mention it.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Urgh, dirty fuckers.

When my ex and I bought our first house there was a human turd in the corner of the bathroom, and the dining room carpet which we thought was a plain brown colour was in fact patterned red and orange when we had it cleaned. Some people are filthy.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
smalex

Post by smalex »

No! A poo. Thats appalling. Ours left the attic full of crap (including a load of shattered glass through the insulation quilt) but thats nothing on an actual shit.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Ugh that is disgusting. I'm sorry, Beena.

When we moved into our old house it was a bloke moving his elderly mother out of her 3 bed semi to downsize. He turned up about 3pm with a corsa van and took his sweet time. He'd left loads of her stuff, including medication and all her toiletries still on the side of the bath :cry:.

Honestly who are these people who completion seems to just sneak up on? They are the people I call bumblers - the ones who bumble along completely oblivious to the hassle they cause to the rest of us.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Or alternatively, just don't give a shit how much they inconvenience anyone else.

I'm sorry Beena, what arseholes. Thank fuck you didn't have plans to move in today!
Beena

Post by Beena »

Jesus, Rosy. That's vile. I don't understand how anyone could do that.

Thanks Lora. That's actually reassuring. I've bought places in the past in a worse condition, but at least I knew what I was getting. There's a big note over a wall mounted cd rack, reading 'Do Not Remove'. J says it's for the movers, but judging by the cracks, I reckon the plaster will fall off. There's also notes for us not to drill into certain places due to live wires. FFS. What have we done?? :lol:

I have wine and we've made a plan (including photos of the kitchen floor to the solicitor as it wasn't in that state when we last viewed).

Do you want to see the view of the garden? It's a bit blurred as the window is covered in hand prints.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Wow, is that all yours?
Beena

Post by Beena »

Yup. It's wider still and he bottom boundary is somewhere in the far tree line. We bought the house for the garden, but had a small panic by how much needs doing with it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The garden though 😍