Beds

Mayday

Re: Beds

Post by Mayday »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:45 am Ours is a king-size from made.com. The padded head board is great but the bed creaks and moves around, the mattress is an Eve one and I hate that as well. Also, now that we've painted our bedroom a deep burgundy, the teal really doesn't work. So need a new bed.
I LOVE your wall colour Cos!
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Thanks Mayday, I am loving it as well, it's Little Greene Adventurer and it makes me feel all warm and cosy when I walk in now.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

olive wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:38 pm
Do I like this?

75F19BAF-B1C3-47B9-A1B0-FB9D3493DD8F.jpeg

What kind of bed to you have? As always I’d like to see pictures. :beak:
Meant to say, is that the West Elm one? I've been looking at it as well, it's lovely.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:46 pm Thanks Mayday, I am loving it as well, it's Little Greene Adventurer and it makes me feel all warm and cosy when I walk in now.
I used that on the inside of the cupboard of doom, it is a beautiful colour :hbeat: I'm about to do my bedroom in a really similar colour :dotty:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

This is my bed
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:33 am I like your first bed there, olive, and rosa’s, too.

I’ve got this bed from blu dot (walnut finish) in queen size. I don’t need a bigger one just for me but would love a new mattress.
I was just thinking about how much I love this and realised it’s virtually identical to the one we currently have! :))

Thank you for all indulging me! I think I’m going to bite the bullet and buy the first one.
Cosmopolitan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:47 pm
Meant to say, is that the West Elm one? I've been looking at it as well, it's lovely.
It is! Now I need to start researching mattresses. :ruby:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

If one has to have storage rather than one of the beautiful minimalist beds, what are the arguments for ottoman vs. drawers?

Clearly you get more available space with an ottoman, but is it really usable? I've learnt with chest freezer vs. upright with drawers that more space isn't always the most important criteria :ella:
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

Does an ottoman mean one where you have to lift the mattress up to access the storage? That sounds like a lot of effort to me. I'd prefer drawers.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

That's what I mean any way, yes!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I would never be strong enough to lift up an ottoman as mattresses weigh a ton. :montyburns:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Smithers! :lol: I have the same mechanism on two bits of my sofa and it takes the weight itself really. It's certainly far from being the weight of a mattress though.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I prefer drawers as well.

I've done loads of research on mattresses lately and after the purchase of the Eve one (which is memory foam), I think I would go back to sprung with a foam topper. The memory foam is so sweaty.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm the same. I have weak spindly arms. :lol:

I have a double in washed grey from Get Laid beds. I had tons of recs on here when I was looking but a lot of places that I liked were Londoncentric and wouldn't deliver to Scotland. I like to be able to hoover underneath and sit on the end of the bed.

BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Our bedroom was quite small and I fear stubbing my toe when I get up for my inevitable early hours wee so the fact that our bed has the bottom legs inset takes the edge off the shuffle back to bed. It also makes the bed look like it's floating.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Magic floating bed. :)) I have total foot stabbing fear and Mr O finds it hilarious at the 1/2 metre perimeter I like to keep when walking around the bed.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I have an ottoman bed, and you can use all of the space. I can open it with one arm too and I'm a t-rex.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Tsu wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:50 pm We have a Warren Evans super king size space saver bed.

Like this one.
Ours is similar but with underbed storage which the cat has commandeered as her sleeping area.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

olive wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:33 pm Magic floating bed. :)) I have total foot stabbing fear and Mr O finds it hilarious at the 1/2 metre perimeter I like to keep when walking around the bed.
I stubbed/yanked my little toe walking round my bed just yesterday morning. :cry: So upsetting and infuriating! (because I can’t blame anyone else for my massive feet/lack of coordination :lol: )
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It is THE most enraging thing.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Ooh, the magic floating bed is good. Looks a bit like it folds down from the wall!

Our ottoman is really easy to open and close and I'm a weakling. I often do it one handed whilst holding whatever is going in or out and our mattress is really heavy. All of the space is useable although I do worry about getting my head chopped off when reaching into the bits nearer the headboard. I guess an advantage is that the whole space is open so you can put big things under there whereas drawers are limited in size. I also think it is possibly deeper.