Beds

olive
Really Creepy

Beds

Post by olive »

Me, again. :look:

I’m browsing beds as we desperately need a new one for the guest bedroom as the current one in there broke. Like everything we own it was a cheap interim bought 8 years ago.

Anyway, we’ve decided to put our bed into the spare room and buy ourselves a new one.

Do I like this?
75F19BAF-B1C3-47B9-A1B0-FB9D3493DD8F.jpeg
What kind of bed to you have? As always I’d like to see pictures. :beak:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tsu

Re: Beds

Post by Tsu »

We have a Warren Evans super king size space saver bed.

Like this one.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The bed we bought in the US is mega on offer :english: right now. I really really love it - it’s very minimal and I can’t wait to get it out of the shipping container at some point in the (hopefully near!) future:

https://www.dwr.com/bedroom-beds/min-be ... US&start=4

(White base birch headboard)
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

We've got a superking divan from Dreams. It has one drawer on each side. We had to get a custom length due to space so it's superking width but standard double length. I bought a grey, very minimal headboard to go with it. The base is also grey and we don't have a skirt thing on it. It's a wonderful bed and I love having a superking. I barely know MrP is there :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Obviously this is not my picture, but I have this in pale grey. If we didn't have cats I'd have gone for a divan base because you barely feel the other person move with those.

Rosa

Post by Rosa »

We have this in oak, kingsize.
Camden bed.jpg
And this is the spare room bed, a double.
Brunel bed.jpg
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

We have a superking TV bed in our room :chav: but to be fair it’s mainly because I like/need to watch tv to fall asleep but I don’t want to see a TV on display in the room, so that works well.

In our spare room we have our old bed.

Realistically I would really like a bed without an end board so I didn’t feel confined in the bed (I am not 6ft3 I just sleep starfish at weird angles) and in my beddy magical future I would find something that ticks that and somehow have a magical disappearing tv in my bedroom :mog:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I like your first one in particular, Rosa, and pd, yours sounds perfect!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

We have a super king. I would never go back to a double on size. MrMcLip is 6’3” so needs the room.

I like to fall asleep to the TV too, Pov. :dotty:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Ella, yours is exactly what I’d love.

I think I prefer this to the first one but Mr O prefers the first. I’m not mad keen on the buttons in the headboard either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I've been admiring beds from https://www.buttonandsprung.com/ ahead of my move. I particularly like the willow bed or divan. Maybe not in bright green: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4fSQcVAyQ2/
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I hate endboards as they make me feel claustrophobic and I like to be able to sit on the end. I also like to be able to hoover under.

Mine is a slightly less nice version of the one in the first post.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

We have a king and I love it very much. This pic is from my old house.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

I need a new bed for our spare room, but they are all so expensive!

Our bed is a superking leather bed. I could never go back to a smaller bed after that, and sometimes staying in hotels is a disappointment when the bed is smaller :lol:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I hate our bed :( Our room is so small we can't have a decent sized one, and I should have chosen built-in drawers but didn't :mad:
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Some lovely beds on here. I like the one you've chosen and also Rosa's beds, especially.

We have an ottoman bed from Benson's. I don't love it but the storage seemed sensible and I wanted a headboard which we could lean on to read, watch TV etc.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve just realised that my bed is 28 years old, as I bought it when I moved into my first purchased flat in 1991. It’s a double with a 4-drawer divan base and a wooden railing-style headboard, but no footboard.

I hasten to say that the mattress has been replaced several times, the current one being maybe 2 years old.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Ours is a king-size from made.com. The padded head board is great but the bed creaks and moves around, the mattress is an Eve one and I hate that as well. Also, now that we've painted our bedroom a deep burgundy, the teal really doesn't work. So need a new bed.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

I like your first bed there, olive, and rosa’s, too.

I’ve got this bed from blu dot (walnut finish) in queen size. I don’t need a bigger one just for me but would love a new mattress.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Princess Morripov wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:21 pm Realistically I would really like a bed without an end board so I didn’t feel confined in the bed (I am not 6ft3 I just sleep starfish at weird angles) and in my beddy magical future I would find something that ticks that and somehow have a magical disappearing tv in my bedroom :mog:
Could you get a projector TV with the screen coming down from the ceiling (or just use the facing wall if that would work) and the projector above the headboard? Then you could have whatever kind of bed you wanted, without a footboard.

https://www.richersounds.com/tv-projectors.html