Pink bedroom walls WWYD

Little My

Re: Pink bedroom walls WWYD

Post by Little My »

I did a search and BM came up with a British website! Not sure how available it is of course.
Luce wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:10 am Do it. My kitchen is a similar colour and it makes me feel really happy. Mine was more of a pink pink but I think the one you've chosen up there is great for a bedroom, nice a calm.
I am getting such a happy vibe from it. We are keen not to wimp out and pick neutrals, but really just trying to go with things we like and put our own stamp on things. Our foyer is already repainted, and the change from boring 'sell this house' brown to a greenish blue is amazing, it's so uplifting.

A large part of my hesitation with the pink is that Mr LM wasn't keen on the paler pink I started looking at, then he delegated the decision entirely to me and I didn't want to pick something only I liked.
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Setting Plaster is the F&B one I think. It's a lovely shade.

I know what you mean, Little My. I've almost decided that I'm going to paint my lounge in a very dark colour and it's a big step if you're not used to colour. I've been moving around large swatches of paint colour to see how I feel about it and the thing that convinced me was how plain and dull it looked when I took down the swatches. Could you get a couple of tester pots and some lining paper and try the same thing?
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I love the pink. You're right on trend with it too based on what I saw at all the design shows last year. :))

One of my favourite combinations was a pink similar to yours with really deep forest green, they looked beautiful together.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I love the pink too!

I need to re-paint my living room walls, as we've just taken ownership of my parents old red sofa, so I'm currently ignoring my mish mash of colours we've got going on in there!
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

What are you thinking, Rhod? I like a good grey with red but I reckon you’ve got a good few options open to you there.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Shoe wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:03 pm I love the pink. You're right on trend with it too based on what I saw at all the design shows last year. :))

One of my favourite combinations was a pink similar to yours with really deep forest green, they looked beautiful together.
YES :hbeat: I love this colour combo so so much.

I looked up where you can buy Benjamin Moore paints in the UK and there are showrooms in Chelsea and Slough. I'm so excited about painting when we move :weewee:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I think pink sounds lovely.
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

Toast wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:14 pm What are you thinking, Rhod? I like a good grey with red but I reckon you’ve got a good few options open to you there.
I've no idea! :lol: I don't really know what goes with red. I'll need to have a look at Pinterest I think, to get some ideas.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Pink! :lol:

My living room will be a mid/dark blue. I'm very excited to see it next to crisp white paint and our new white mantlepiece.

Shoe, pink with hunter green is a great combination.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I love the pink, Little My.

I've chosen this for our master bedroom/walk in.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That's lovely
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That’s really fancy, Five. In a good way!
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Very nice, Five!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I love that, five!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Oh, thank you! That gives me confidence as it's the first time I told R what I wanted (decorating wise) in a non-negotiable way. :lol:

Do you have a photo of the blue you're thinking of, Little My? Not that I'm trying to copy all of your plans... :uhh:
Little My

Post by Little My »

Haha, yes, I do! The first coat of blue went up yesterday and one of the painters said they're going to steal my colour choice for their house, so I'll take that as a good sign. I really, really love it. Will take a pic later and post.

Your pink is fab, definitely go for it! Good name too. :mrgreen:
Little My

Post by Little My »

In the meantime, here it is from a Benjamin Moore photo:
blue danube.jpg
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That's a gorgeous blue!

I really really love the colour you've picked, Five but the name is off-putting! (obvs this doesn't matter at all!)
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That is the perfect blue, Little My!

Emma, you're right, it's not the right name and it shouldn't matter, but it irrationally does. I'm still choosing it because it will go with the tiles already there and update the room a bit on the cheap!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I like the name.

I’d love the job of naming paints. That and choosing the music on Homes Under The Hammer.