Extension plans

sally maclennane

Re: Extension plans

Post by sally maclennane »

Good idea, Brambs, although I'm not sure we'll have space for much storage in the shower room as it'll be quite small I think.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

How exciting!

Extractor fan / cooker hood?
Electric switches / pulls?
Towel rails?
Architrave/skirting board?
sally maclennane

Our building warrant was finally granted this week - hallelujah!

We have picked the kitchen, I'll try and put up pictures at some point but it will be charcoal base units with dove grey wall units - all matt and handleless. It's a U-shape so one wall will be floor to ceiling units - pull out larder and 2 single ovens (this will all be charcoal), one wall will have the sink and dishwasher, and this is the wall which will have the dove grey wall units but they are horizontal cupboards rather than vertical - like this (mine will be matt)
half height.jpg

The other "wall" is the peninsula (breakfast bar in old money) which will have the hob and the chimney over it - this divides the kitchen from the new extension so the idea is that you stand there cooking and are looking out to garden - well J will stand there cooking, I'll be sat at the other side drinking gin :lol: Below the cooker, on the peninsula, is all drawers which I'm very excited about. These are all charcoal too. The worktop is pale grey quartz.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It sounds lovely!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds gorgeous.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Sounds lovely.
sally maclennane

There is quite a lot of grey so I need to think about what colour to have on the walls, to brighten it up.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

It sounds amazing, Sal!
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

It does sound amazing :disco:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

It sounds great. So exciting!
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

It does sound really lovely!
Elya

Post by Elya »

Sounds lush - I have pinkish (f&b peignoir) walls with very dark cabinets and greyish marble worktops.
sally maclennane

Elya wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:46 am Sounds lush - I have pinkish (f&b peignoir) walls with very dark cabinets and greyish marble worktops.
I was looking online for ideas and this combo came up a few times, I like the sound of it - now just need to convince J on a pink kitchen :lol:
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

A lot of the dried plaster copy colours are basically pink but without mentioning it. :)) Yellow could be nice but it's so hard to get the right yellow. Or a pale green? Grey goes with most colours, I reckon. You could even do white and then add colour with your splash back and accessories?
Elya

Post by Elya »

I could only find an action shot! It’s quite subtle, I think you could sell it as plaster colour rather than pink!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sally maclennane

Look at that lovely chef :)) That is really nice, Elya, I'll get a sample I think.

Shoe, I quite fancied a citrine kind of yellow for one wall but it would be too much for the whole room. I think pale green could be a contender though!
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I love yellow and grey but yellow paint can be so tricky to get right. That plaster pink colour in the photo is the dirt of shade I meant too.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

What about a pale sagey green? I seem to be into green at the moment, and this is my favourite :)) I've been busy on Rightmove looking at south side places and I seem drawn to the ones with sage green walls :mog:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I was going to suggest white with colour from accessories.

I couldn't get on board with the plaster colour as I lived with it for 4 years prior to decorating the downstairs!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
sally maclennane

I've looked at so many grey kitchens online now, and white is often used with coloured accessories Bramble, so you are clearly an influencer :))

I like the idea of sage green too, so that's another option.

So many of the kitchens I've seen online have grey walls too. I really like grey with strong colours but I hate rooms that are all grey, its so gloomy looking.

I am so excited about having a nice kitchen, I was cleaning the current one at the weekend and thinking how much I hate it, with its white sink, and pine units :verm: