Candles

ParisGal

Re: Candles

Post by ParisGal »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:36 pm I know you have your candle now but I'm posting to share that I bought a crackling sick (autocorrect :lol: ) candle from Aldi this morning and it's fantastic. It's exactly like the woodwick fireside one, but a third of the price. And has the same lovely strong scent - I thought being so much cheaper it might not be great but it's scenting my open plan living area within minutes of lighting it, which is why I like the woodwick ones.
Which one, please? The 9,99 ones called Ember or Amber?
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Shoe wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:45 pm
lazzbo wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:28 pm Anyone tried candles by Parks London?
I got one from TKMAXX and wasn't that impressed. It didn't smell very strongly.
Good to know, ta Shoe! (And sorry for your weakly fragranced candle).
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

ParisGal wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:48 pm
Heebie Jeebie wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:36 pm I know you have your candle now but I'm posting to share that I bought a crackling sick (autocorrect :lol: ) candle from Aldi this morning and it's fantastic. It's exactly like the woodwick fireside one, but a third of the price. And has the same lovely strong scent - I thought being so much cheaper it might not be great but it's scenting my open plan living area within minutes of lighting it, which is why I like the woodwick ones.
Which one, please? The 9,99 ones called Ember or Amber?
Yes, No. 31 Crackling Embers.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Thanks, HJ!
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Thanks, Heebs, that's on my shopping list now :))
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I got an Elemis candle in a reduced gift set from TK Maxx, it's very strong smelling and spa-like. I'm hoping that lasts when I burn it.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Elemis do lovely stuff don't they. One of my sisters friends used to work for them and could get stuff ludicrously cheaply, so occasionally I'd get some stuff via her.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Heebie, I blame you (and Skips) for the fact that I've just spent £40 on the Aldi website on candles and base layers (and an eyeshadow palette).
Skips

Post by Skips »

I havent placed an order yet, but I might see if they have this candle.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I went back and bought 2 more this morning. It's literally setting fire to money but they are so nice.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thank you Heebie: I just bought one. :ella: I can't afford it but I need cheering up. None of them were out, but there was a box and as I knew the name & number I opened it.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Skips

Post by Skips »

I purchased one too, I wanted to bulk out my long sleeve top order so I could get free delivery :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I went & got the crackling embers Aldi candle too. :))
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

We should all burn them at the same time! :candlemeet:

H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

How does the Aldi candle hold up, people who bought them? I’ve seen reviews that say the molten wax floods the wicks and puts them out so they don’t burn well.

Unfortunately my own order went to my mum’s address in Devon as I’d sent her one of their food boxes in Lockdown 1 and the website had her address still listed. I definitely put my own address in when I was ordering the candles etc but must have not clicked on a button or something so it didn’t stick.

Anyway, I’m burning candles I have on hand but none of them have much punch so I’m still hankering for a new one.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh how annoying hippy. Its not really pop round distance, even without the restrictions!

I'm burning out the last of a jar candle I've had on the go for ages and we've just noticed its put soot all over the chimney breast. I scrubbed it but it won't all come off so we'll have to repaint it :ella:
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

H1ppychick wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 pm How does the Aldi candle hold up, people who bought them? I’ve seen reviews that say the molten wax floods the wicks and puts them out so they don’t burn well.

It does a bit. There's definitely no crackle. I bought it for the scent which is still going strong on my first candle so the lack of crackle doesn't bother me but I can imagine being disappointed otherwise.
Margo

Post by Margo »

You know the large Yankee candles? I bought a few candles the same size from Home Bargains, £2.99 each I think. I have the gingerbread one burning now and my god, it’s delicious!

I usually buy Yankee as the cherry one is the best smell ever but took a chance on these - glad I did! I also have a pineapple one, a floral one and a vanilla one... if they’re anywhere near as good as the gingerbread one I’ll be very happy!

I bought a v expensive gingerbread one a few weeks back (can’t remember the brand) but it smelt of nothing when lit.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I saw the same as Heebie, there is definitely no crackle and we've struggled a bit with keeping it lit (we persevered and finally got it to stay alight). It smells amazing though so I don't mind too much.