Candles

smalex

Re: Candles

Post by smalex »

I've just bought myself a 3 month candle subscription to make myself feel better :mog: Cos that'll work
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oooh, who with?

I definitely have a candle problem. I have an Aveda one on the way. Rosemary and Mint, though! It should be nice and uplifting :uhh:.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Ooh, I've seen one of those and been interested, please tell us how it is. Although I have enough wintery candles to last for at least three winters. Which is how long this lockdown will seem, so. They are my comfort blanket right now. Currently I have Feu de Bois on the go (after the tree came down, after which pine was no longer working for me) which I love most of all.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
smalex

Post by smalex »

Its with The Botanical Candle Co who i ordered from before Christmas, the two i got from them (plus a free sample of some wax melts) were lovely so I thought I'd try it.
I keep buying candles, like a compulsion. I click and collected some church candles and a few random scented ones from IKEA on Sat too (my god in heaven its easier to adopt a baby than do IKEA c&c BTW). And I bought one in sainsbury's last week.
Red

Post by Red »

Sali Hughes recently did a couple of videos of good budget candles, its on insta so not sure how to link it to here. She does recommend some brands I've not heard of so it might be worth a watch.

I'm not mad into candles but I bought a couple from Beauty Pie recently as Christmas gifts and ended up keeping one. :uhh:
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m still on a pine kick. It’s so clean smelling so not just for Christmas for me. I grew to love DS & Durga Portable Xmas Tree (I wasn’t sure initially) and am using up the dregs right now :love: Still got loads of the diptyque pine forest left too - they really are all very different!
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I'm still unsure about Portable Christmas Tree. It just smells of smoke to me. I'm using it up though.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I didn’t know you had it too :dotty: I definitely get smoke but also resin, spruce and cedar and mint? It is not what I expected at all, and I probably wouldn’t have bought it if I’d smelt it in a shop first. It has grown on me though.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My mum got me the M&S Balance candle that smells quite nice. I’ve not lit it yet though. I’ve been burning the Aldi Crackling Embers one that’s a Woodwick dupe.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Mum got me a coast and fig one from White Company. It’s lovely but Next do a very similar one for a third of the price.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Obvs :dotty:

I don't normally go for smokey fragrances at all so I'm probably just not used to it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I love the Diptyque pines, but for me they’re now over until next December. They are really nicely done though. Also the amber one I got in my calendar was lovely. It’s one I’d never leave spend my own money on, but it’s really lovely and warm.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m after some nicely scented tealights now.
smalex

Post by smalex »

The Botanical Candle Co. are really really lovely. I've loved everything I've had from them.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

They look lovely. Sadly tealights all out of stock, but the Late Summer scent sounds amazing.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh! Bummer.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I bought some from Illumens havng seen Del rave about them.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:00 pm My mum got me the M&S Balance candle that smells quite nice.
I've got the small bottle of that oil that I use in my diffuser. I also have Calm and Restore.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Ella77 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:16 pm I definitely have a candle problem. I have an Aveda one on the way. Rosemary and Mint, though! It should be nice and uplifting :uhh:.
I absolutely love the sound of this but it’s out of my current budget. I’d like a new fresh scented candle for the kitchen.
Does anyone have any recommendations for something along these lines please?
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

I've just taken delivery of this which claims to be like "a walk though a herb garden".

I haven't lit it yet, but it smells very nice and spring like. And you can plant the box it comes in as it's impregnated with basil seeds, which is a sweet touch.