Gas Prices, Supply Issues and Collapsing Suppliers

viggy

Re: Gas Prices, Supply Issues and Collapsing Suppliers

Post by viggy »

My air fryer is coming on Monday :weewee:
Disco

Post by Disco »

I really want an air fryer but sadly I do not need one.

Ella77 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 12:27 pm Bastards.
Yeah :mad: but I'm glad I don't have to go into battle for the fixed rate. Fingers crossed.
Margo

Post by Margo »

I’m giving my current one month old air fryer to mum as I’ve bought a new one today; new one has racks instead of a bucket, a rotisserie, it’s a dehydrator as well as doing loads of other clever things.

My advice is to go big, go for plenty of functionality. I love my current one but I want one that does more.
Sky

Post by Sky »

That sounds interesting, can you link me up please?
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

What one have you gone for Margo? I’m feeling like I need to be a sheep. We have a massive range oven which I’m sure must use tons of electricity. I try and mostly use the hob to cook our dinner in the week (eg to fry chicken/beef etc) because we don’t have mains gas so at least we can easily monitor usage because that’s just a canister connected up outside.

But, I do generally use the oven to pop something in for the boys when they come home and if there’s a way of doing that quicker and more efficiently as well as some options when I’m making our dinner too I think that could make a difference.

I’m so fucked off we are all having to think about not using our ovens unless we really need to, what a fucking shit show.
Margo

Post by Margo »

This is it; I’ve done a lot of research and this has everything I want and is a really good price… Argos:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Princess Morripov wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:00 pm I’m so fucked off we are all having to think about not using our ovens unless we really need to, what a fucking shit show.
I second that. This morning I switched on the kettle and wondered to myself if it would be cheaper to boil water on the hob. Then I got grumpy that I was being made to think about shit like that when I am a fully grown adult with a decent job.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Dutchie wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:19 am
Princess Morripov wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:00 pm I’m so fucked off we are all having to think about not using our ovens unless we really need to, what a fucking shit show.
I second that. This morning I switched on the kettle and wondered to myself if it would be cheaper to boil water on the hob. Then I got grumpy that I was being made to think about shit like that when I am a fully grown adult with a decent job.
FYI it's definitely not: a kettle is way more efficient, but I agree with the general point.

Are you still where your name suggests? Is it as bad there, then, in terms of price rises (as in the UK)? I thought we were out on own in terms of the crazy level of rise.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 11:23 am Are you still where your name suggests? Is it as bad there, then, in terms of price rises (as in the UK)? I thought we were out on own in terms of the crazy level of rise.
Yep, I'm still in the Netherlands and it is just as bad over here. See my post further up thread about my BIL. I was just chatting to our neighbour who had worked out that at the current energy rates he would be paying over 1 grand a month. Almost nobody has that kind of money!
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Ugh. It's just insane. Is there no government intervention there either then?
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I’ve just watched a video of a butcher saying that his businesses energy bill is increasing from £600 to £4200! He’s had to take on extra jobs as he needs to plough his salary back into the business.
Disco

Post by Disco »

The excellent award winning butcher in the next town closed last week, and was holding back tears on the local news.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

From the various reading Ive been doing, I get the impression that the situation is worse in the UK compared to this side of the North Sea, at least when it comes to energy prices. Petrol and diesel have been going up but household energy doesn’t seem to be as bad yet. Public buildings are taking measures such as turning off lights and thermostats will be turned down in winter.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Disco wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:39 pm The excellent award winning butcher in the next town closed last week, and was holding back tears on the local news.
We had the same here with a local butcher (not the one in the post above as he wasn’t local).

He only opened last year and was really well used but he explained that customers average spend had gone from £8 each to £3 each which wasn’t sustainable.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Rebel Pebble wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:08 pm Ugh. It's just insane. Is there no government intervention there either then?
Nope, none at all. They briefly lowered petrol prices ever so slightly but that is now a long forgotten memory. Something has to change and that has to happen soon or the entire country will go bankrupt. Having to use your savings to pay your energy bills is not sustainable.

Mr D said to me today that you would almost start to believe it's a global conspiracy to force everyone to switch to renewable energy sources.

So sad for those butchers! :cry:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Dutchie wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:10 pm Mr D said to me today that you would almost start to believe it's a global conspiracy to force everyone to switch to renewable energy sources.
Pretty sure this is not the case ;)

The price of meat is off the charts. I noticed that an organic chicken in both M&S and Waitrose was just under £20 for a regular sized (not large) chicken. I haven't bought a whole chicken for a couple of months because of holidays etc but I'm pretty sure they were £13-14 last time I did!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I have made it my mission in life to ensure the swift and deadly demise of any buffoon that ever mentions "The Great Reset" to me.

My mate Craig is the exception because I'm trying so hard to save him. Lockdown and Youtube turned him from a lovely normal, not totally bright guy into a flat earthing, Trump is still in power, Covid denying. moond landing faking lunatic.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

TC, that’s tough.

The plans here are now headline news on the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62788447
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was quite useful. It's a guide to how much items costs per hour, or single use

https://twitter.com/EllenAMilligan/stat ... ruZzw&s=19
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

This Morning is genuinely running competitions where the prize is to have your energy bills paid for four months. WTAF?