Renovating Nince Towers

Vegas

Re: Renovating Nince Towers

Post by Vegas »

Nince that's going to be wonderful!

I viewed a couple of properties with similar lean-tos and although not as bad as any of these delights they fitted the common criteria for being freezing and useless. I was so pleased to find mine with a proper usable actual conservatory. Assuming it will be mine obv.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Colour scheme planning for a whole house 😵‍💫

I think I’m nearly there though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Love all those! They’ll flow really well. Oval room blue and the dark green on the bottom left are so good! Which colours are you thinking for which rooms?
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

So exciting nine! It all looked great so far - looking forward to the updates.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I am banishing the current dreary greyscape and all trace of the previous filthy owners.

Living room will be Oval Room Blue and either Inchyra Blue or Harley Green above the picture rail.

Kitchen units Breakfast Room Green (edit - leaning towards Card Room Green now) with Egyptian Cotton on walls

Hallway will be Timeless with Sultana Spice 3/China Clay Deep/Plaster V (TBC) above the picture rail* and Inchyra Blue on the front door, both sides.

Bedroom will be Sultana Spice 3/China Clay Deep and Plaster V (not pictured) on the cornicing and ceiling 😬

Office will be Inchyra Blue, possibly to the cornicing but maybe with Crown Sunday School (v similar to Ammonite).

Bathroom Pea Green (possibly - I may go cheap and neutral as I’m renovating the bathroom at a later date. I desperately need to get rid of the current dark flat grey though as it feels like a prison cell after 1pm)

* I have very high ceilings and in the hallway and landing the picture rail forms some lovely angles, so I want the colour above it.
Last edited by nineseven on Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I love Inchyra blue so much, it’s what I painted my bedroom with.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

That is a lovely palette for your newly renovated home. I am so looking forward to seeing it all finished, it’s very exciting.

For some reason, I thought seeing a shot of magenta might work with a lot of those colours if you’re doing bold accents/contrasting shades with the walls. Or alternatively, perhaps something apricot like. Especially with the inchyra blue. Is it too soon to think about soft furnishings?
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Wow Nine, it looks amazing already with the wall taken down. It's great you are getting update. It's so exciting!
Malan
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

It’s never too soon to think about soft furnishings! was thinking bright orange would be a great accent colour with those shades, Epp (but to be fair, I pretty much always do :)) ).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I already have pink and mustard cushions in my living room (the sofa is a rich green) which will work well - I chose the colours to work with what I already have in most cases.

I'm eyeing up olive green beds to go in my plaster pink bedroom.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

The chimney breast is no more. I opted to have the beam in my office (it will be covered) as it was cheaper than them getting it into the roof, and I don’t mind having it there. More pics to come on Monday!

My builder has also removed the wall between my two bedrooms - at his own expense - as it was “like a banana”. Obviously he will be putting a better, less banana-like wall back up in its place.

An additional expense will be to replace rotten beams they’ve discovered between the kitchen and bathroom. My damp surveyor discovered issues there so I was half expecting them to find something.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rosy

Post by rosy »

It’s going to be amazing when it’s done!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

It's so good to get those extra structural things sorted at the same time
Malan
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

It's lovely, nine :love:

You aren't going to recognise the place when it's finished - do you have a timescale?

By coincidence, I am currently flicking through a book of paint colours (for my hall, stairs and landing), and have narrowed it down to shades of green.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Nince! This is so exciting! It's going to be gorgeous when it's all done. I love the colour scheme.

Will you adopt me so I can come and live with you? I can make excellent cocktails. 😁
Roma

Post by Roma »

Your house didn’t look too bad in those before photos, except the lean to. It will be absolutely amazing once it’s all finished!

It sounds like you’re not staying there during the works? That is such a good idea so you don’t have to live on a building site.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It wouldn’t be possible to stay here, Roma - they’re taking up all the flooring except in the bathroom, rewiring etc - there’s barely a surface they’re not touching and my furniture is all in storage. Also I work from home and I think I’d get in the way as the chimney breast they removed is in my office 😂

Of course you can come and live with me, Shoe :love2: but I think it might be a bit of a commute :))

Morgs - I love green so much. I’ve had to be really careful not to do the entire house in 50 shades of green!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It’s so exciting to see this, Neuf! Such a big project but it’s going to look fab (it looked good in the real estate pics already!)
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Thank you but honestly they were very flattering pics - it was a catalogue of horrors and no one had done any proper maintenance on it in years - possibly ever.

Obviously I bought the house for a reason though and it just has a lovely feel to it which visitors often comment on too. So it’s nice to be looking after it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

3D plans for the ground floor - ignore the kitchen unit configuration as I’m now using both sides of the room for units.

I actually like that my patio will be enclosed by my neighbours’ shit extensions walls, and it will get full sun all morning as it faces due east. (I have another patio at the other end of the garden where I can full sun at the end of the day).