Renovating Nince Towers

nineseven

Renovating Nince Towers

Post by nineseven »

I decided to start my own thread :humble: I’m (almost) fully renovating my house - rewiring, reconfiguring the ground floor to create a kitchen/diner, removing a lean to. It was in a sorry state.

First I will attach the “before” pics from the estate agent and some I took myself...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nineseven on Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nineseven

Re: Renovating Nince Towers

Post by nineseven »

More “before”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

The kitchen was hilarious - I lived with this for two years. Utilities were in the lean to.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

This lean to :wocket:
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

At least you have a gas hob :lg:

Looking forward to seeing the after, although not half as much as you are I should imagine :))
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

And an update from the builder today - the kitchen is out and the kitchen wall is down!
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

It does look like a really nice house even though it needs some reconfiguration. Totally get why you bought and are doing the work. It's going to be lovely
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Your lean to was so similar to mine! I do not miss it at all :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I am so sorry to see it go; it was beautiful and not at all cold/boiling and leaky :lol:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Wow that’s moving along nicely nine. It’s going to be amazing!
sally maclennane

Is your current dining room and living room all the one room? Will the dining room become the new kitchen?
Last edited by sally maclennane on Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:22 pm It does look like a really nice house even though it needs some reconfiguration. Totally get why you bought and are doing the work. It's going to be lovely
Thank you! It is a lovely house but had been very neglected by the two previous owners. It really needed someone to come in and look after it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

sally maclennane wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:25 pm Is your current dining room and living room all the one? Will the dining room become the new kitchen?
Currently there is/was a living room/dining room in one - I used the front part as the living room unlike in the EA pictures. I am putting a wall back up between those two rooms and have knocked between the kitchen and dining room to create a kitchen diner the full width of the house.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

This is the front room when I was living in it. It seemed silly having the dining table as far from the kitchen as possible, and they had to run the tv cable across the front of two fireplaces to use it :lol:
sally maclennane

Thank you for indulging my nosiness :))

I really like having a separate living room. I love the kitchen diner but I wouldn't want it to be my only living space.

It'll be so good when it's done!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

On the shot of the back of the house, note the soil vent pipe positioned under my bathroom and office window so I get the smell of sewage wafting in on a warm day. (This is being rectified.)
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It looks lovely, other than the lean to! Similar house type to mine but so much nicer. :lol: And the garden looks massive - I can see they've used trickery to make it look longer but it still looks a lot bigger than average for a terrace?,
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It's huge - far too big for me. About 80ft. I'll dig out a photo taken by me (it will look manky as I took most pics just after I moved in).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Garden. I'll have more lawn when they've finished as the new patio will start closer to the house (due to the lean-to being removed).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ooh and I ordered shutters yesterday for my bedroom and the living room bay :love2: