Counteracting the clutter in 2023

ParisGal

Re: Counteracting the clutter in 2023

Post by ParisGal »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 pm A broken sofa hanging around in case it came in useful for 5 years? You are a saint PG to put up with that.
None of you understand!!! A person could sit on one half of it, and if you propped up the other side, another person could sit on it uncomfortably too!!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

ParisGal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:39 pm
Hazey_Jane wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:55 pm A broken sofa hanging around in case it came in useful for 5 years? You are a saint PG to put up with that.
None of you understand!!! A person could sit on one half of it, and if you propped up the other side, another person could sit on it uncomfortably too!!
:mog:
Malan
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

ParisGal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:39 pm
And you threw it away?? What a waste...
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Even Marie Kondo has decided you can't be tidy with three children so I feel my laziness is officially endorsed now
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

That’s lovely, Five.

And well done morgs, it sounds like you’re making good progress.
ParisGal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:39 pm None of you understand!!! A person could sit on one half of it, and if you propped up the other side, another person could sit on it uncomfortably too!!
:lol:
Little My

Post by Little My »

It sounded like a unique piece, PG. A good talking point. An icebreaker for new guests, even. :puzz:

Five, that is lovely of you!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Little My wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:38 pm An arse-breaker for new guests, even. :puzz:
Fixed that for you :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

:lol:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I think, although he wouldn't admit it, MrPG was finally swayed into accepting it needed to go a few weeks ago when his uncle sat on the propped up bit and the prop fell over, so he sunk down about 15cm. Of course my word that Uncle had fallen into the bottom of the sofa wasn't good enough, as he just could not believe that the prop would fail :lol:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

ParisGal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:34 pm I think, although he wouldn't admit it, MrPG was finally swayed into accepting it needed to go a few weeks ago when his uncle sat on the propped up bit and the prop fell over, so he sunk down about 15cm. Of course my word that Uncle had fallen into the bottom of the sofa wasn't good enough, as he just could not believe that the prop would fail :lol:
I would like to repeat again- you are a saint.

He’s like this about so much isn’t he?
Little My

Post by Little My »

If it makes you feel any better, our main sofa in the living room is a total embarrassment. The dog chewed a giant hole in the seat. Long story, but any day now we will replace it as we now believe a new one won't be met by the same fate. I can't wait to get rid of it!!

I will go shopping for it this week, actually. Hopefully I can find something good that won't take long to arrive.
Sky

Post by Sky »

Little My wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:25 pm My daughter even said it should be mine. (I did NOT tell her how I was feeling; I wouldn't put that on her.) She has no emotional attachment to it, and we do tend to share our things these days. But if I wore the ring I'd probably just feel bad about it at this point.

My sensitive reaction is probably not helped by the fact she put the ring in the same envelope as my birthday card! I still like the idea of making the new ring anyway.
Maybe your daughter has picked up on how you feel about the ring if she's said it should've went to you and I think you should take it and wear it and love it without any guilt. My aunt left me her wedding and eternity rings but I've given them to my mum to look after as they actually fit her fingers and I know she'll appreciate them much more. They don't fit me and not my style at all and they deserve to be appreciated instead of left in a box so I wonder if your daughter is trying to tell you the same thing and avoid hurting your feelings?
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rosy

Post by rosy »

Oh, PG! I’m glad the sofa is finally gone.

Downloading the Vinted app is going so well for me. I’ve not listed anything but I have bought a pair of boots. :lol:
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

rosy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:18 pm Oh, PG! I’m glad the sofa is finally gone.

Downloading the Vinted app is going so well for me. I’ve not listed anything but I have bought a pair of boots. :lol:
I did exactly the same :lol: Have sold lots since though.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:39 pm
ParisGal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:34 pm I think, although he wouldn't admit it, MrPG was finally swayed into accepting it needed to go a few weeks ago when his uncle sat on the propped up bit and the prop fell over, so he sunk down about 15cm. Of course my word that Uncle had fallen into the bottom of the sofa wasn't good enough, as he just could not believe that the prop would fail :lol:
I would like to repeat again- you are a saint.

He’s like this about so much isn’t he?
I just have to laugh about it, it's partly family heritage of semi-hoarding (which I have too, probably more actually).

Yesterday I asked him to get the kitchen clock down off the wall, so I could change the battery. He did, then asked if I really was sure I wanted to change the battery, since the second hand was still moving. The clock was about 2 hours slow, but what does that matter? :mog:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Sky wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:59 pm
Little My wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:25 pm My daughter even said it should be mine. (I did NOT tell her how I was feeling; I wouldn't put that on her.) She has no emotional attachment to it, and we do tend to share our things these days. But if I wore the ring I'd probably just feel bad about it at this point.

My sensitive reaction is probably not helped by the fact she put the ring in the same envelope as my birthday card! I still like the idea of making the new ring anyway.
Maybe your daughter has picked up on how you feel about the ring if she's said it should've went to you and I think you should take it and wear it and love it without any guilt. My aunt left me her wedding and eternity rings but I've given them to my mum to look after as they actually fit her fingers and I know she'll appreciate them much more. They don't fit me and not my style at all and they deserve to be appreciated instead of left in a box so I wonder if your daughter is trying to tell you the same thing and avoid hurting your feelings?
I agree, since R has no memories of your grandmother, it'll be more special to her when you pass it on to her as something that her own mum wore.
Little My

Post by Little My »

ParisGal wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:56 pm
Sky wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:59 pm

I agree, since R has no memories of your grandmother, it'll be more special to her when you pass it on to her as something that her own mum wore.
Thanks, both of you. That does make sense. I think I just need to let the dust settle and come back to it another time.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

rosy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:18 pm Downloading the Vinted app is going so well for me. I’ve not listed anything but I have bought a pair of boots. :lol:
I’ve got my £12 payment now and positive feedback from my buyer :bel:. I’m going to have a browse as I haven’t bought any clothes since September.