Animals strike curious poses

Rosa

Re: Animals strike curious poses

Post by Rosa »

These poor cats in the heat! Fortunately Bella (with her thick black fur) is drinking well from her water bowl, so I'm making sure that's always topped up. She's spending her days moving to shady bits of the garden, then comes in when she's had enough. I'm brushing her a lot, especially as she always returns covered in grass, dust, cobwebs...
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Rosa wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:12 am These poor cats in the heat! Fortunately Bella (with her thick black fur) is drinking well from her water bowl, so I'm making sure that's always topped up. She's spending her days moving to shady bits of the garden, then comes in when she's had enough. I'm brushing her a lot, especially as she always returns covered in grass, dust, cobwebs...
The joys of a black cat. Mine are always filthy! :lol:
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

IMG-20220811-WA0018.jpeg
Dregs has a new hiding place/nap area :))
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

This made us laugh. Scout's peeved face after she was in for the night but we were still in the garden.
Malan
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Aw, poor Scout!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’ve just seen a video from Cats Protection about keeping cats cool and it said to add flavour to water by adding a little liquid from a tuna can.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

Marth wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:05 am This made us laugh. Scout's peeved face after she was in for the night but we were still in the garden.
They are so funny when the correct routine isn't followed!
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Scout! :lol:

Poor hot cats, I’ve been freezing some tuna water in little pots with a few flakes of tuna, and giving the cats that to lick on a saucer (run the pot under a little water first to release it and it should pop out easily). It does seem to be going down quite well.

Archie has a much bigger version in a Tupperware tub with tuna water/water, some chicken and dog treats mixed in, and he loves it.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Scout's face!

Tom spends most of the day under the bed. We do have a new early evening routine where he lays down on the ottoman and I wipe him down with a damp towel.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I've been putting ice cubes in a shallow bowl and scout's been enjoying those.
Malan
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Scout's little peeved face! :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Poor Scout!

My two are just pissed off that we’ve turned their heat pads off and closed the blinds against the sunbeams. They don’t think it’s warm enough yet :)).
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Nutters, the lot of them. :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
speedy gonzalez

Post by speedy gonzalez »

Rufus has just enjoyed a frozen lick e lix. Of course had to sit there holding it for him!
Lola

Post by Lola »

Katy has been surprisingly ok in the hot weather despite the amount of floof on her :)) On that mega hot day a few weeks ago she spent most of the day outside in the garden.

I’m sure you all know this but cats like to have their water away from their food, so Katy’s water bowl is in a different room. Also they really don’t need as much as you think.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Lola wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:29 pm I’m sure you all know this but cats like to have their water away from their food, so Katy’s water bowl is in a different room. Also they really don’t need as much as you think.
I didn't know that. :mrgreen: We have water bowls dotted about all over the place. I've replaced the one in the kitchen with a fountain, which they've sniffed at, but aren't sure what to do with. Thank goodness, there was thunder here last night and temperatures are much more normal.

I'm going to pause Tiggy's appetite medication today and see what happens. He's been taking it since Thursday and is eating voraciously. He's also extremely vocal - a known side-effect. :ella:
Margo

Post by Margo »

Betty and Bijou have spent the day play fighting, then I find them like this earlier ❤️
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Oh what a lovely pile of fluff.

Mine is being obedient. In a river
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Look at these lovely pets :love2:
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Because we haven't seen Spectrum for ages. She's still really good at looking cute and purring really loudly.