Chester Drawers

Sky

Re: Chester Drawers

Post by Sky »

Skips wrote:I have one person left I could ask that I think would say yes but i'm not sure if where they live will allow it. Most people I know either don't live in suitable houses or already have pets which could cause issues.

I might give the rehoming place a call and see if they have any suggestions.
I might be able to take him for a couple of weeks but it's all dependant on whether we get our own cat or not and I also like to leave the back doors wide open when I get home in the evening. I'd be terrified of him running away but, although we live on a main road, our garden is completely enclosed and it would take a bit of effort for him to meet any cars. Let me know what you think and I can speak to Puzz about it.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lola

Post by Lola »

Skips, could Fabby have him at her place for a while?
Skips

Post by Skips »

It could be up to eight weeks from the end of May Sky (we have the completion date for the place we're moving to but not the one we're moving from yet). He'd have to be kept indoors for the entire time as that is the recommended time to allow a cat to settle before you let them out anyway.
Peroxide

Post by Peroxide »

Where abouts are you Skips I might know someone who might be able to help ( My parents ) espeically if he needs to be kept inside for a bit.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Little L wrote:Skips, could Fabby have him at her place for a while?
I don't know, I need to ask her. She has the bunnies so we need to think about those.

Peroxide wrote:Where abouts are you Skips I might know someone who might be able to help ( My parents ) espeically if he needs to be kept inside for a bit.
We're in London.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Yes, if you tell us where you live perhaps we know people who could help? My brother's done it for friends of friends before.

How far are you able to drive him to his temporary home if needs be?
Skips

Post by Skips »

Sorry, I should have said. We're in East London so out towards Essex (I'd say as far as Colchester) and down to Kent is easy for me to get to.
Peroxide

Post by Peroxide »

I'll ask them tonight they are in Suffolk.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Suffolk would be fine, we're moving to Essex so the drive to collect when we're in wouldn't be too bad.
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

If I didn't already have a cat I would offer to have him for a bit. :cry:
Skips

Post by Skips »

I feel all :drama llama: about it but it's properly causing me stress. Obviously I don't want to reghome him but I feel stuck.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Well that's understandable. I don't want to sound like an arsehole here, but I'm a bit surprised you'd consider a move without him. My two are part of the family and will have to come with us wherever we go, barring unforeseen disasters.

Have you asked how much a cattery would cost for the duration? Would the place you got him from consider taking him back short-term?
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

If nobody closer is able to help, I'd be more than happy to have him until you're settled. London's not too far for me to come.
Please bear it in mind, Skips.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That's lovely of you, Tybalt. Will you definitely give him back though :))?
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

See, Skips, turtles are very helpful! Hopefully between all those suggestions he will be fine.
Skips

Post by Skips »

It's more the interim period rather than the move tabs. It's only as I kept being told he would escape I'm worried about when we move. Unfortunately our buyers want to complete before our seller (the latter due to daughters exams) and we don't want to lose our seller because of that. Thanks Tybalt, that's really kind of you.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

Ella77 wrote:That's lovely of you, Tybalt. Will you definitely give him back though :))?
Oh. You noticed how I wrote that I was willing to travel to London to get him . . .but not to give him back. :cry:
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

Nice one Tybalt! I would love to have offered but there's no way we could keep him indoors. He'll probably be fine going out in his new garden, but in a temporary home it'd be asking for trouble.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I did indeed!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ah, you are a good person Tybalt. :yes: