Chester Drawers

Livilla

Re: Chester Drawers

Post by Livilla »

Pickle wrote:He's so gorgeous. :biased:
Yes, the white cat club has another member :))
Skips

Post by Skips »

A final picture for this thread, I think he's really home now and has settled down (the beginning part of the week he would constantly be sat on the dining table or drawers looking at everything).
Lady Bolly

Post by Lady Bolly »

Yes, CD looks like a very happy cat. :love:
humbugger

Post by humbugger »

Oh, that is lovely, Skips! (Both the picture and the news that he's happily settled). :love:
Calico

Post by Calico »

Aaaaaaw! :hbeat:
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

How lovely :love2: Glad to hear you two are getting on .
Lola

Post by Lola »

Oh :love:
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

He is so lovely, glad he's settling in well!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Aw that's lovely. I love to think about all the rescue cats in homes now with people that really love them.
Malan
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Bunny paws :love:.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

That is such a lovely photo - he is obviously happy :love2:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Batvia

Post by Batvia »

Oh he looks well at home. Lovely Chester. :love:
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Oh. Look at the big smile on his face :love2:
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Skips

Post by Skips »

We have a massive problem regarding Chester (and moving) and I don't know what to do.

We're likely to have to move out of our place before we can move into the new one. Whilst we have family we can stay with we can't take him with us. As much as I would like to pay for boarding it's going to be for about two months and we can't afford it (and at the beginning of July so prime season). :cry:

Also, the new house has a garden. We have seen a few things that we can do to modify this to keep Chester in but a few friends have said that he will escape anyway and as the house is close to a main road I wonder if we will be able to keep him safe. The kitchen has large sliding doors and we would need to keep him shut in the living room whenever they are open if we can't contain him in the garden and I don't think that is fair. :cry:

I don't want to have to rehome him but I also want to do whatever is best for him. This is all a bit rambling as I really don't know what to do.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

I wouldn't worry about keeping Chester in to be really honest, he will be happy in a house with a garden and you will just have to hope that he's OK with the main road - lots of people live near main roads and have cats without any problems. I think it would be a great shame to have to let him go just because of a road - lots of cats do fine in busy urban areas, although I know some don't you clearly have given him a happy home and got used to him now, so you have to weigh that all up. You may need to show him how dangerous it is because of his hearing, I guess, as he won't hear the traffic, but he can probably feel it, and he may not go much beyond your own garden anyway. (You'll have to keep him in for a bit when you first get there though, till he's settled again).

The bit in the middle is a bit more difficult though, but why can't you take him with you to family? I am looking at the prospect of doing the same for a shorter period of time, and my cat's just coming with me. Even being shut up in a friend's spare room is better than being in a cattery (and infinitely cheaper too!) - I know there could be issues with letting him roam free in someone else's house, but as long as there's somewhere safe you can shut him in, he will probably be fine. At least consider that before you think about giving him up.
Skips

Post by Skips »

We'll keep him indoors for a few months anyway as recommended. The systems we've seen for keeping cats contained are attached to the fences and are fairly inexpensive. I also guess as we'd only allow him out when were're home (we won't have a catflap) the road won't really be much of an issue.

The family won't let us (I'm being unfair, if we stay with my brother he is massively allergic) and as their guests we can't really go against their wishes.
Lexie

Post by Lexie »

Definitely keep him then! Do you have any friends who could cat sit for a month or so? Maybe worth talking to wherever you got him from to see what they would recommend too? I can understand not putting him in a cattery for a couple of months as that would be miserable as well as expensive. Or maybe a turtle can help?
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Do you have any friends who could have him in the inbetween part? It would be awfully sad for him to have to leave you after such a short time, and horribly confusing for him. :(
Unexpectedly small.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh yes, please don't rehome him now, the poor love :puppy:. I'm sure there must be another way.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I have one person left I could ask that I think would say yes but i'm not sure if where they live will allow it. Most people I know either don't live in suitable houses or already have pets which could cause issues.

I might give the rehoming place a call and see if they have any suggestions.