Turtle vibes for Foggy, please

overthehill

Re: Turtle vibes for Foggy, please

Post by overthehill »

Luna wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:50 am That does sound unusual. It’s not normally good news for a cat that age to have a tumour. Hope he has a comfortable recovery x
Yes, that's what the vet said, but he said this tumour seemed quite unusual and non-aggressive. It was the size of two thumbs - which is quite big - but he didn't see any sign that it had spread anywhere else. He seemed quite hopeful that Foggy would recover well. :fc:

I collected Foggy at about 10am. He's looking a bit fed up. But marginally less fed up without the cone of shame. Tiggy's onesie is getting another outing. :))
foggy-post-op-20230317.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Poor old chap, I hope he heals up well.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Such cuteness! :love:
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Oh poor baby :love:. I'm glad it's not as bad as you feared.
Little My

Post by Little My »

He looks very adorable and in need of cuddles. :love: I hope he makes a good and swift recovery.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Lovely boy. I bet he's happy to be home
Malan
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Poor Foggy. He is very under the weather. When I picked him up the vet told me to feed him little and often, but he still hasn't eaten or drunk anything at all. I was so worried, I called the out-of-hours vet (who happened to be the same vet I saw this morning). He checked Foggy over, took his temperature, and did a skin test for dehydration. Temperature was on the upper end of normal but, otherwise, he seems to be doing ok. The vet gave him two shots - one for nausea and a steroid to stimulate appetite.

R is out all day tomorrow, playing golf, so I'm going to set up the cats' car shelter in the back of the shop and take Foggy in with me. If he doesn't perk up by tomorrow morning, he'll have to go back to the vet to be hooked up to a drip. :cry: He's resting on our bed at the moment. I'm really hoping the shots do the trick and he regains his appetite later tonight. :fc:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

It makes sense that he may not be interested in food so soon after the operation. I do hope the injections perk him up. :turtle:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

A teeny tiny teaspoon of white fish ... but it's a start. I'm breathing a slight sigh of relief.
foggy-post-op-first-meal-20230317.jpg
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

That's good to see.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Disco

Post by Disco »

How is Foggy this morning?
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Disco wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:29 am How is Foggy this morning?
He hasn't eaten yet, this morning. Though he did have a bit of a lick of the fish. He did, however, have a good long drink, earlier. So, while I wish he would eat, I feel he is significantly better..

Thanks for asking. It's a nervy time for us all.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It's so worrying when they're not 100%, isn't it. I think the drinking and bit of a lick is a good positive sign. George and I send lots of feline healing vibes.
Roma

Post by Roma »

Oh, poor little Foggy.

I’m glad he’s eating a bit now. It’s good that he’s drinking and hopefully later today he might want a little bit of food.
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

Ah poor Foggy. I hope he keeps improving. I love his onesie.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Foggy is in the shop with me. today. :bob: R is playing golf and I didn't want to leave him alone in the house with only Tiggy for company. Tiggy has been a bit evasive since Foggy got home, so he's no comfort. I've set up the cats' car shelter in the back of the shop and he has food, water, and a litter tray.

I'm hoping, with it being a long weekend here, that the shop will be fairly quiet today. I've had to set up a long mirror by the door, so that I can see if Foggy starts exploring. I have the option of zipping him into the shelter, if necessary. Silly fool is opting to sit in his plastic carrier at the moment. :))
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Poor Foggy. He is all discombobulated. I hope he feels better soon.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope Foggy's better soon :turtle:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Foggy was so good in the shop, today. Admittedly, he doesn't like the onesie, and tends not to move around too much while wearing it. But, apart from one worrying moment, when I had to lift him out of the scuba fabric, :eek: he stayed in or near his shelter. He had a little sniff and a lick of the fish I brought in for him, but I'm not sure how much, if any, was actually eaten. However, I think I've narrowed down the issue. In desperation, I stopped on the way home and bought a packet of Dreamies. When we got home, Foggy was obviously hungry, so I put out three little bowls of food (fish, meat, and dry) to see if he would eat. He had a bit of a sniff at each of them. But, no. So, I opened the Dreamies ... Success! Foggy wolfed them down.

I know Dreamies are meant to be a treat with a max of 20 per day, but any port in a storm. I now know that the problem is Foggy's sense of smell and/or taste buds. Hopefully, it's a reaction to the anaesthetic or the antibiotics, and will pass.

Here's Foggy in his car shelter. :))
foggy-post-op-shop-visit-20230318.jpg
Disco

Post by Disco »

Oh look at him! Tiny kids and elderly folk who need calories are encouraged to eat full fat foods not usually prescribed so it sounds like Dreamies are on a par with that.