Minor pet queries

Luna

Re: Minor pet queries

Post by Luna »

Marth wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:40 pm I tried the pet hair dissolver but it didn't really work. I think because I wasn't prepared to put my machine on 90 degrees for 3 hours.

Poor Scout has hyperthyroidism and some liver disease, also some inflammatory markers from her blood test.

We have started on medication drops today. They have to go in food as she would be incredibly distressed at trying to administer into her mouth directly.

We could do one pill a day which might be better for when I'm away. Do those pill pouches/putty work (in anyone's experience)
What have they put her on - Thyronorm? The easy pill stuff either works brilliantly or not at all. Depends on your cat.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Luna wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:56 pm
Marth wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:40 pm I tried the pet hair dissolver but it didn't really work. I think because I wasn't prepared to put my machine on 90 degrees for 3 hours.

Poor Scout has hyperthyroidism and some liver disease, also some inflammatory markers from her blood test.

We have started on medication drops today. They have to go in food as she would be incredibly distressed at trying to administer into her mouth directly.

We could do one pill a day which might be better for when I'm away. Do those pill pouches/putty work (in anyone's experience)
What have they put her on - Thyronorm? The easy pill stuff either works brilliantly or not at all. Depends on your cat.
It is I think, though she won't touch it this morning. I put it in a small amount of food mixed with cheese last night and she ate it all. This morning, total refusal. :ella:
Malan
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I've walked to the little Tesco and picked up some cans of tuna and some Lick e Lix . I tried that first with some blobs on a plate with the liquid and she licked it all up!
She was very hungry though.
Last edited by Marth on Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malan
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

That’s good, hopefully it’ll keep working. :fc: it seems to be like crack for my two, they go mad for it.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Pix used to go bonkers for Lik-e-Lix. :)) By the time we were limping towards the end she pretty much lived on Lik-e-Lix, pureed wet food and cat soup.

Which has reminded me of the expense of cats...
Luna

Post by Luna »

Marth wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:23 am I've walked to the little Tesco and picked up some cans of tuna and some Lick e Lix . I tried that first with some blobs on a plate with the liquid and she licked it all up!
She was very hungry though.
This is good! Hope she continues with it although there is the option of felimazole tablets if she refuses the liquid.