Time For A Change

Jupiter

Re: Time For A Change

Post by Jupiter »

Best of luck!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I didn't get the job. Boo. I've asked for feedback.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I'm sorry.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

The feedback was helpful. I got down the final four out of 414 applicants. They said it was great speaking to me, they really enjoyed my work sample, but other candidates had in-house experience and "exceptional technical knowledge". They added I have "great copywriting skills and amazing experience" so they are sure I "will be swooped up* in no time!".

I'm up against a LOT of competition for these roles.

* Not sure being swooped up is a thing.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I think getting down to the final four out of over 400 applicants is a great achievement!

A friend of mine is a freelance copywriter and she’s been looking for a permanent job and like you she said there’s a lot of competition right now.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

A rejection after interview always feels like a punch in the guts but that's good feedback. Onwards and upwards.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I'm sorry, nine.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Sorry to hear that Nine but well done for getting so far with all that competition!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Something very promising has popped up out of the blue. A British cheese company found my details on Linkedin and want to discuss hiring me as a copywriter on a retainer (and possible even part-time, I think) basis. Writing about cheese! For regular money! From home! This is the dream.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Cheese :love: Good luck!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I told them very enthusiastically that I love cheese. :lol:

They're based near you, Pov. Maybe I go there for cheese meetings and bring cheese to you.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Nince, that's fantastic! Everything crossed.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

nineseven wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:35 pm I told them very enthusiastically that I love cheese. :lol:

They're based near you, Pov. Maybe I go there for cheese meetings and bring cheese to you.
YES PLEASE :weewee:
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

That sounds amazing Nine, and I don't think you could possibly write about cheese without copius amounts of samples!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Well done, Nine!

I’m dipping my toe back in as Mr O will be home based for the foreseeable future and we talked about him WFH more once his office opens up as our child care options are so limited here.

A company that contacted me a while ago that I wasn’t interested in got in touch again a week ago. They’re now fully remote and asked if I’d be interested in a chat.

I’m also possibly being put forward for another role but won’t hear for a week as first stage interviews have already happened. I think my visa will be an issue for this one too. So a bit of a non option really. :lol:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Well done, Nine!

I’m dipping my toe back in as Mr O will be home based for the foreseeable future and we talked about him WFH more once his office opens up as our child care options are so limited here.

A company that contacted me a while ago that I wasn’t interested in got in touch again a week ago. They’re now fully remote and asked if I’d be interested in a chat.

I’m also possibly being put forward for another role but won’t hear for a week as first stage interviews have already happened. I think my visa will be an issue for this one too. So a bit of a non starter really: lol:
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

That sounds promising, nine.

Have you one you would prefer over the other, olive?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

nineseven wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:32 pm Something very promising has popped up out of the blue. A British cheese company found my details on Linkedin and want to discuss hiring me as a copywriter on a retainer (and possible even part-time, I think) basis. Writing about cheese! For regular money! From home! This is the dream.
Excellent! It was obviously meant to brie!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Lily wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:43 pm
nineseven wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:32 pm Something very promising has popped up out of the blue. A British cheese company found my details on Linkedin and want to discuss hiring me as a copywriter on a retainer (and possible even part-time, I think) basis. Writing about cheese! For regular money! From home! This is the dream.
Excellent! It was obviously meant to brie!
:mog:
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

The cheese meeting went excellently, especially considering I had less than four hours' sleep. I met the founder (on Zoom) and there has been talk of signing NDAs, coming to see the cheeses :lol: etc. They sound super keen about signing me up - we just need to agree on a calendar of work.

They found me as he liked the copy on the website of a whisky brand and looked up who wrote it (me!).