Employers & Covid Measures

Edith Bacon

Re: Employers & Covid Measures

Post by Edith Bacon »

Kenickie wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:11 pm Would his dad be amenable to dropping him off/picking him up a couple of streets away?
S just told me that they all had to sign a document saying they wouldn’t car-share, so he and his dad both feel really uncomfortable about contravening it in case they lose their jobs.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Sign a document?!

So he can't lift share with his dad but from Monday him and his dad can, and probably will, sit in a house together?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That’s exactly it. Maximum inconvenience for zero actual benefit to the company.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

How odd. I wonder what the thinking behind it is? I can understand their not wanting to have staff off sick, but are they insisting on vaccinations when offered?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

No, Morgs - they don’t even distance or wear masks in the warehouse :ella: They are pretty crap at HR generally, I think.
Angus

Post by Angus »

We're a small company and had we had a case it would have impacted us massively so I did ask everyone to take measures beyond what was necessary and everyone was really helpful. We have one guy who can't drive and usually gets the bus, but we decided him car sharing with a colleague, sitting in the back with them both wearing masks and the windows open was the safest option. Could he suggest that?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

That’s a good idea, Angus - thank you. I will tell S to suggest it and see if they will consider it, at least.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Angus’ approach is the one my organisation has taken. Car sharing is ok, but they strongly recommend open windows and as much physical distance as possible.