Time For A Change

Estrella

Re: Time For A Change

Post by Estrella »

That’s great news, Hazey. Tentative :disco: I hope the package and paperwork stacks up.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Argh! My contract giving my home address as my place of work is apparently an error, and they want to change it to the London office like everybody else.

It’s not necessarily a problem in itself, but if that had been clear, I would have asked more questions about expectations before actually bloody accepting and starting.

It only came up because I asked for clarification on a clause that indicated expenses for trips to London for client meetings would be claimable, but not for non-client meetings. Which I was fine with if the expectation was once or twice a month for team meetings with plenty of notice.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

wendy james wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:01 pm Argh! My contract giving my home address as my place of work is apparently an error, and they want to change it to the London office like everybody else.

It’s not necessarily a problem in itself, but if that had been clear, I would have asked more questions about expectations before actually bloody accepting and starting.

It only came up because I asked for clarification on a clause that indicated expenses for trips to London for client meetings would be claimable, but not for non-client meetings. Which I was fine with if the expectation was once or twice a month for team meetings with plenty of notice.
Oh no! What a pain! I hope they are not going to expect more London attendance?

I have my fwr agreed now for once a fortnight attendance with travel for tribunal hearings and important meetings, but my manager will most likely retire soon and our team will be flung to the wolves.

My friend's son took a job only to be told they had got the salary wrong and it was actually 20k less than they stated! They negotiated when he complained and gave him a extra 5k which he accepted as that was a actually a very good wage for his age and experience level. Still, he was gutted.
You have lived life thus far, tell me how you have done it?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Thankfully not! Happy for me to go up every fortnight for team meetings.

It was actually a really nice discussion. I will learn this company isn’t like my last one. :lol: And she’s going to put in writing that whilst we’re changing my contract location, I’m expected in London only on a needs basis.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

That's really positive WeJa. I know what you mean though, I was so scarred by my last place that I used to get quite worked up asking for (reasonable) things that just got agreed without anyone batting an eyelid.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

It’s really hard to shake that institutional trauma in a new job! Glad you got it sorted WeJa and they were not changing the goalposts on you.

I have applied to be backfill for my colleague who has just moved to London :lol: I think quite a lot of people will apply (it’s internal only), but it seemed silly not to. If I get an interview it will be the most awkward thing in the world.