sally maclennane

Re: Time For A Change

Post by sally maclennane »

Go for it, they can only say no!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Aim higher than you think you're worth (as you are inevitably underestimating yourself), then if they negotiate you down you're still up on your initial "I'd settle for that" salary.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

That's the spirit. Ask for more than what you're on now, we believe in yoooooou.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I agree, definitely push for more.

I've had the full job spec for the Bristol role and it's also quite a full on - the online ad was definitely more vague! I think for the money and extra fuel costs it's not worth doing so I'm going to cancel after lunch and concentrate my search on Gloucester/Cheltenham/Ross-On-Wye (and the Forest, but jobs here are few and far between).
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Is it worth considering if there was the option for it to be primarily WFH, Skips, or is that something which you don't even particularly want given the work you'd want to do to your house?
Skips

Post by Skips »

It would primarily be WFH but if lockdown does ease as the year goes on it's not going to change the commute time/fuel use. J and I aren't in a position that we'd be able to dramatically reduce our debt or do anything else that could free up money for the extra fuel I'd need and we couldn't move to be closer (we're aiming to move again in 2024). The recruitment agent found my CV online, I didn't apply for a role that way. The company itself has sent a full job spec, along with some tests to complete ahead of the interview, and it's a lot more detailed than I had been led to believe, and the more I think about the extra commute/drop in pay the more I don't think it's worth it.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Fair enough!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I think I'd skip that one, Skips. Seems like more hassle than it's worth.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Fingers crossed Shoe and definitely be bold!

Would it be worth turning it down but explaining why in case they can do anything about the salary, Skips?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I've had my next interview. It was for a Support Practitioner. I think it went pretty well. I don't think I want the job though. It's just under £19k and involes weekend, sleepover and shift work. Personal care is involved too which I don't know if I want to do. :look:

There are parts of the role that sounds really good but I think it would be a lot of work for a salary that would still leave us struggling financially.

Next one at 4.30pm.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I've just booked in another interview for Wednesday next week. Operational support at Scottish Power. I'm amazed at how many interviews are popping up, clearly my intense application sending has paid off. :lol:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Yay, Skips! When do you expect to hear back about the Google-y place?
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Also, kick S's butt about applying for benefits.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I think if you are getting a lot of interest, and it's still early days, you can be selective about the role you would accept, you don't have to say yes to the first one that comes along.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Yes, definitely, Skips. I need to try and remember that and not just panic and take anything.

ETA: 2nd interview of the day done. I think it went well and sounds like a good role but it's only part time which won't be enough. :ella:

What was especially nice to hear was that they had over 60 applications and only chose 10 to interview, including me. So clearly my CV and cover letter stand up pretty well.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I didn't get the itison job. I did get good feedback though which I suppose it positive.

really enjoyed our conversation with you and hearing more about your experience and what you could bring to the role and team.

The standard of candidates for this role, especially those of you who have gotten this far in the process out of 200+ applicants, has been incredibly high.

You did a great job of the tasks we set you and you came across well in your interview. You have some good business and administration experience and it was clear that you know how to adapt your communication style for different people and audiences, which is a key thing we were looking for. Unfortunately, though, a couple of the other candidates we've spoken to are working in sales admin roles with hospitality businesses, so their experience is an even closer fit with the role. For this reason, I'm so sorry to have to tell you that we won't be able to progress you any further, on this occasion

Annoying, as that's the only one I've interviewed for so far that I would definitely have taken. :ella:
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ah crap, sorry Shoe. I hope you’ll find something better - your military-like campaign to get a job is clearly paying off so far! But that’s genuinely flattering feedback.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m sorry Shoe. That’s nice feedback though.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

My anxiety has to be good for something; it turns out that something is applying to all jobs, EVERYWHERE. :lol:

But yeah, it is at least good feedback.