Time For A Change

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Time For A Change

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think you’ve done the right thing, Epp.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

:hbeat: thanks peeps (I am trying not to say guys, lads or chaps! :lol: )
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Yes definitely. I’m glad you made your decision. Well done!
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Oh well done Epp, I'm glad you're happy and excited about it, and your new manager sounds great which will really make a difference. Plus it's a step towards your long term goal, even if it's a financial pill to swallow. Ace. And fingers crossed your new manager may be able to wrangle extensions etc.

I still wanna smack your exciting line manager around. He sounds like a shithead.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Gosh, well done! I think when faced with imperfect choices you've got to decide what it is you want most and it sounds like coming home is it for you! I find it hard to imagine a world where someone like you wouldn't be eminently employable so I'm sure there will be lots of opportunities that you haven't even considered yet once you get home. And a new lovely-sounding manager and being back with your family will make current boss a faint memory.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m glad you’re happy with your decision and most of all happy you!43 coming home!!!!! Croquetas dates are in our future :hbeat:
Lola

Post by Lola »

Well done! I’m really pleased for you. Your new boss sounds great, which will make all the difference.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

The fact that you woke up feeling happy and excited means it was the right choice for you. That’s great!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Congrats! We should have a London turtle meet in your honour when you're back to celebrate.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
absley

Post by absley »

Exciting news, Epp. :disco:
Skips

Post by Skips »

I didn't want to be but I'm on the hunt again. Windows and doors in an economic downturn don't really do very well.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

That's great news, Epp, and sorry to hear that Skips - have you been made redundant?

I think I have finally jumped through all the HR hoops and passed the OH assessment so I'm ready to start in July.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Not yet, but they've done two rounds of redundancies and one of our main suppliers is closing operations in September. As the main earner I can't wait for possible redundancy (I've not worked here long enough to get any payout) or for the company to fold. We've just had to spend our savings on fixing a broken (dangerous) window so I don't have any kind of buffer either..
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Ouch Skips that's rough. Fingers crossed your job search bears fruit soon.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That does sound tough. I could never wait around for redundancies either, so I totally understand looking now and retaining your control of the situation.
Malan
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Skips, that really is rubbish and I really do hope you find something soon
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Well done on making the right decision Epp! And good luck with shipping all your stuff back in stages.

Sorry you're in this position Skip, that really sucks. Hopefully your new job will be just around the corner.
Last edited by Dutchie on Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Kenickie wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:14 am Congrats! We should have a London turtle meet in your honour when you're back to celebrate.
This is the loveliest idea and such a kind thought, I’d really love to! I did not mean to take so long to get back to this, sorry. My last week at home was mental and I didn’t have much downtime at all. Thank you all again for the support and good wishes. You know to be prepared to dozens of packing/moving threads :lol:

I’m really sorry you’re having to jump back into the job hunt, skips. Hope you can find something good quickly :fc:
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've got a job interview later. I've put a bit of weight on so the dress I have is a bit tight, but hopefully I'll get away with it. It's a step back towards asset management so I'm hoping it works out. It's also a closer commute, better money and more holidays.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Skips wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:07 am I've got a job interview later. I've put a bit of weight on so the dress I have is a bit tight, but hopefully I'll get away with it. It's a step back towards asset management so I'm hoping it works out. It's also a closer commute, better money and more holidays.
Fingers crossed, Skips!
Malan