Time For A Change

nineseven

Re: Time For A Change

Post by nineseven »

That sounds like a lot, Olive.

My cheese retainer has been confirmed - I'm just waiting for the paperwork. It's three days a month for a six-month contract, plus ad-hoc project work (of which there is a fair bit). I am very pleased :))
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Cheeeeeeeese
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

That sounds perfect, Nine!

I’ve done the CCAT test and managed to answer 40+ out of 50 in the time allowed. I think it went ok.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Fingers crossed it did go ok!
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I haven’t heard back about the test results yet but I had my second interview for Role 1.

It went really well and he wants me to meet with the UK Head Honcho and HR this week and meet me in person next week as he’ll be in Atlanta.

He also dropped the bomb as even though the role is home based there will be up to 25% travel. :cry: He’d like a week a month in the Washington DC HO or out visiting clients.

I don’t really know how I feel about that and how soon he expects the travel to start.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

That sounds positive apart from the travel aspect. Is it something you could make work or would you even want to?
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I think we probably could make it work. Mr O gets that it changes everything for him and I think me being physically away will actually help. :look:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m trying to keep my work based ramblings to one place...my Friday interview (interview 3 for for role 1) went well so my 4th interview has been confirmed for this Tuesday. I’m meeting with the person who would be my boss (he’s already interviewed me twice) and someone I’d be working closely with. They’ve narrowed it down to me and one other person.

We’re meeting at their hotel for a 4pm meeting. I’ve checked ahead and the hotel has a big outdoor area and masks are mandatory inside so either scenario is fine. Ideally the interview will take place inside with AC as the Atlanta heat is awful at the moment but I also need to be braced for outside without masks. :cry: What to wear is genuinely stressing me out as I don’t cope well with the heat.

They’ve also asked me to join them for dinner so I’m already armed with a list of restaurants with an outdoor patio near the hotel. We’ve only just started to eat out again (outside only) so I’m really out of comfort zone with all of this.

Assuming that goes well there is one more interview before they make a decision.

Job 2 haven’t even come back to me following my aptitude test but the process has been really slow between every stage.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Jesus christ. FIVE interviews? Are they interviewing you for Fed Chief or something?

Well done though! I'd also be stressed by the indoor/outdoor/what to wear/is it CV safe.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Honestly, it’s ridiculous and I know it’s one of Mr I’d bug bears whenever he has to do recruitment as it’s such a long drawn out process over here. It’s probably easier to run for president. :verm:

I had one additional interview shoe horned in too because of my lack of US experience. I’m dreading Tuesday as it feels like such a long time to be on and performing.

Role 2 is a 5 step process too and I’ve done the first two. It’s enough to put me off applying for jobs again.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

olive wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:38 pm Honestly, it’s ridiculous and I know it’s one of Mr I’d bug bears whenever he has to do recruitment as it’s such a long drawn out process over here. It’s probably easier to run for president. :verm:
If you don't get one of these, could you just run for president then? :))

Good luck with it all, it sounds very stressful but hopefully worth it. Which would you prefer?
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I definitely feel qualified to run for President but then again an actual chimp would be more qualified right now. :))

Job 1 is definitely the more interesting of the two but Company 2 are apparently really flexible in terms of hours, have no plans to travel this year at the very earliest and they have an unlimited holiday allowance which would be nice.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Wow, you poor thing, surely only two interviews is ever really required. Second one being a follow up/check through if you have a few people shortlisted? Worra faff.

I hope you get the job you want though.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Thanks, Pov.

I’ve never had more than 3 interviews for a job which includes a presenting back a case study (very common for my type of role) and a panel interview.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I had 5 for my current one, and I'm nobody really. Good luck with your meal, etc. olive.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Fingers crossed Olive that it all goes well
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

Five interviews! That's crazy. Good luck Olive and I hope everyone eats fast.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Good luck Olive!

I had five interviews for a role a couple of months ago. Didn't get it in the end which was hard after so much time and prep.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Thanks all.

Last night was interesting. I met with the MD (who the role reports to) and the Sales Director who the role works closely with. The purpose was for the SD to interview me which was fine - we spoke for around 90 mins.

Then the MD came back and and we spoke for another 30-40 mins which left me with around 30 mins to decompress before dinner. I had to go and sit in a supermarket carpark and eat a snack. :))

Anyway, they said they had a surprise lined up and it turns out they were interviewing another candidate from Atlanta and we’d all be going to dinner together. At this point they hadn’t made it clear that we weren’t both applying for the same role. :lol:

He seems like a nice enough guy and doesn’t live far from me. He was on his 6th or 7th interview with them. They seem to love a sense of occasion and over dessert they told him he got the job. It was all a bit surreal really.

I should hear by the end of the week if I’ve made the next stage which is some quite intense psychometric testing. The new guy said he’s never done anything like that and it was like therapy so that’s something to look forward to.

Nothing back from role 2 but I’ve about 5-6 people from the business look at my LinkedIn profile in the past 24 hours.
smalex

Post by smalex »

6 or 7 interviews and then they tell him he's got it over dinner? This is so bonkers.