Time For A Change

purple_dress

Re: Time For A Change

Post by purple_dress »

All recruitment is on hold, unsurprisingly.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

That must be really disappointing.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

I'm hoping it won't be a wasted effort and they'll consider it at some point... We'll see. Personally, I think they need the post quite urgently and it could all be done virtually but I don't know what the thinking will be from senior management.
Beena

Post by Beena »

:ruby:

I need to look for something else. It's too stressful, for absolutely no reward. My old employer was toxic, but at least I enjoyed what I actually did and it felt like I had a purpose.

My current job is a mash of two (previously higher graded) roles. All of the work with none of the mandate. I have two line managers and feel like basketball. I have a team of staff reminiscent of a 70s trade union. To give some idea of what it's like, one is currently up in arms as another used her initiative to do a piece of work. That's 'showing off', it seems and tantamount to bullying.

I've woken up this morning to yet another shit-storm over yet another perceived injustice. Life is just too short for this.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Oh, bugger, Beena. How are things looking just now for a job search?

The role my boss at my substantive position created for me has been pulled (I don’t know if I posted on this thread or a separate one?) but my project has extended my secondment to the end of March 2021.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

That sounds awful, Beena. Is there much out there?

I'm glad your secondment was extended, Est.

I'm still struggling along. Jobs are pretty nonexistent at the moment and some positions I apply for don't seem to exist. I do have a call for a position this afternoon with a big global company. It's a big step back and money is rubbish but it's permanently from home so I can work around the kids, it's my foot in the door in to the organisation and it gets me off the dole. Beggars can't be choosers right now so I need to embrace it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Good luck, Jupiter.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Thank you.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Good luck Jupes.

Glad to hear that your secondment has been extended.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Good luck Jupiter.

I’m back to work on Friday, as I figured I may as well get paid to sit in my house with my children and go slightly insane :lol:

My original plan agreed with my old manager was that she was going to try and get me a new role in her department when I returned in October but I have no idea where the land lies with that at the moment and to be honest I think I am quite happy to not achieve very much in my current role and coast for a few months and then see how it goes once we have childcare again. Also I doubt pay rises or bonuses are on the cards next year so I don’t feel like I’ll need to break my back :employee of the month:

A has been furloughed now for at least 6 weeks so it will be a full role reversal, I cannot wait time hide in my office and avoid everyone :perky: :lol:

As it stands despite explaining multiple times to my manager that in order for me to log on from home my passwords which have expired for my mobile and laptop will need updating, and I can’t do that from home as I won’t be able to generate security codes to get onto the VPN because my mobile isn’t working. Basically I need to get onto the work network in the office to fix it and I’ve explained this numerous times and offered to get my laptop dropped at the office or perhaps they can courier me a new one etc and my manager clearly doesn’t get what I’m on about (it happened less than 2 years ago when I last returned, the only way to resolve it was logging on in the office) and just keeps telling me he will sort me a password reset 🥳. I can’t go into the office myself as they’ve changed everyone’s passes whilst I’ve been away so I’ve not got access anyway, and also I don’t want to go there anyway, plus everyone’s WFH anyway.

Anyway, he got in touch last week to tell me to just phone IT on my first day back and they reset my password 🤦‍♀️ so in reality I probably won’t be back at work for a few weeks because I know it can’t be fixed easily at home. I’ve just replied “ok cool” as I have highlighted the problem enough that he could have done something about it. Also the joke is on him too as he refused to let me do any KIT days as he was letting me come back early but if he’d done that he would have realised that there’ll be a problem and been able to resolve it without paying me to do nothing 🥳🤣
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

How is it going Prov? Did you get access?

I'm still in the recruitment process for the role I don't really want but would do for the moment. I've just got a call to interview for a position in a financial institution that would be perfect as it ties right in to what I am doing in college. I would really like to get it. Please, please, please send TMT vibes my way :beg: :beg: :beg:
Last edited by Jupiter on Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Everything crossed!
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

The best of luck!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Good luck!
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Sending you loads of positive vibes! :turtle:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Good luck!

No, I’m still sitting here getting paid to do nothing :lol:

There’s been a bit of faffing about and they need to send me a new laptop as there’s no way of doing the software updates I need to get onto the network via VPN. The best bit was that the most recent ticket they raised regarding the issues they’ve been chipping away at was closed because they emailed me and got my OOO message, and assumed I was on mat leave so they didn’t need to do anything 🤦‍♀️🤣
Skips

Post by Skips »

Pov :lol:

Best of luck, Jupiter.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Princess Morripov wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 pm Good luck!

No, I’m still sitting here getting paid to do nothing :lol:

There’s been a bit of faffing about and they need to send me a new laptop as there’s no way of doing the software updates I need to get onto the network via VPN. The best bit was that the most recent ticket they raised regarding the issues they’ve been chipping away at was closed because they emailed me and got my OOO message, and assumed I was on mat leave so they didn’t need to do anything 🤦‍♀️🤣
Oh very dear :mog:
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

I just got an email for another interview on Thursday. It's a feast or famine at the moment. I'm supposed to spend the week studying for an exam next week :fish:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Good luck!