Time For A Change

Jupiter

Re: Time For A Change

Post by Jupiter »

Good luck Shoe! Definitely keep doing interviews even if unsure of the role as they are great practice for when the perfect role comes along.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I think it went ok. They've said they'll be back in contact this week.

That's my thinking on the interviews, better to get practice in than not bother at all.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I think it definitely makes a difference if you've had a chance to practice talking through your responses. Plus being interviewed online is really odd so it's good to get used to that too. Fingers crossed.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Yes! I had a really awkward online interview, it takes a while to get into the swing of it.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

That was my thought. I bloody hate video calls. 😂
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've got a teams interview at 1pm today for a role I am mostly inadequate for, I have no idea why I applied or why they are interviewing me for it, so I shall blag and expect a no later down the line (I'm not trying to play myself down here, if they want examples of some of the requirements on the job description I'm not even sure I can make them up as they are very much accounts specific and not an area I have ever done).
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Don't forget to be more Tim Lovejoy, Skips. Act like you can absolutely do this job, if you're missing specific experience it is something you will pick up quickly.

:fc: for you.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Good luck Skips!
Skips

Post by Skips »

I actually think it went well, I managed to sell myself on the things I can do and drew from my past roles as well as what I do now to highlight those. The parts I can't do I didn't mention, I just said that whenever I've needed help I've always been confident in asking for it and that I learn systems well and quickly.

The interviewer did say they are at the beginning of the process so it's likely to be a few weeks and they will draw a shortlist of people to go back for a second interview.

I should hear back about the role I chased and the recruitment agent that put me forward for role where they decided to take it in a different direction has put me forward for another role she has so I'm waiting to hear back from that. Plodding onward, while I keep applying (although this week has been very slim on suitable jobs I can apply for).
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Fingers crossed, Skips.

I apparently did well on my tests yesterday, particularly in writing copy and checking copy which surprised me. I've been asked to interview on Thursday. I need to find out the salary though cause from the Glassdoor reviews they don't pay well. I'll do the interview regardless though, for practice.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Well done Shoe and glad it went well Skips!
Skips

Post by Skips »

Well done, Shoe, it's good they want to take it to interview.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Thank you. It sounds like a cool role, and the office is ridiculous, in a Google headquarters sort of way - bar, giant hot air balloon attached to the ceiling, fireman pole, yoga studio and a giant fairy lit tree, inside. However, it looks like they might be style over substance when it comes to benefits / pay so we'll see.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Well done Shoe and don’t forger to channel your inner mediocre white male (a la Tim Lovejoy) and push on the pay front.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Fingers crossed for you Skips and for you Shoe. Even in these weird times strange and wonderful things can happen.
Skips

Post by Skips »

The role I chased came back, they were impressed with my credentials and they had some very good candidates, including myself, but they went with someone else.

I've been offered an interview for a role Bristol way, £3,000 pay cut and over an hour commute each way, I'm not sure I could actually afford to take the role even if I were offered it due to the increase in petrol costs.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

That sounds like it might be hard to make work if the salary is lower and you're having to travel further. It's so difficult to weigh up, isn't it?

I had my interview, I think it went quite well although who can tell. The men turned up to fit the new front door right as I started so it was pretty noisy. :lol:

The good news is the salary is £19-23k, based on experience, so I've decided I would definitely take it at 22k or up. There's no way I'd accept £19k though as it sounds like quite a full on role.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

If they're keen on you, Shoe, push for more - there's always a little more toothpaste in the tube, innit. :))
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I'm definitely going to be very open about wanting to be at the top end, if not higher. I feel quite confident as it's so early on in the process of looking for something new that I'm not desperate so will be able to be stronger and more mediocre white male in my approach. ;)
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Bravo, absolutely! Ask for 25k, I say, you've got plenty of experience to offer.