Time For A Change

Estrella

Re: Time For A Change

Post by Estrella »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:44 am
Estrella wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:54 am Look, I’m ok with going back.
I've re-read what I wrote and I don't see what annoyed you, but sorry.

Skips, good luck today.
I’ve just read back too and realised that totally didn’t
come across how I meant it to. It was meant to be a reflective statement, but I can totally see how it reads as aggressive. That totally wasn’t my intent at all. Sorry!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Hah, no problem :)). Ah, the written word.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Oh come on. We need a good bun fight for entertainment purposes. Can’t you at least give us that?
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Yeah, damnit this thread needs more :tit: so the rest of us can do this :coffee: :scrap:

If it helps Skips, I started at my large bank last Feb on a 3 month contract and have been there ever since with endless renewals and now a desire to make me perm. If it's the same bank as mine then am happy to give you any pointers for interviews, they do have a specific style.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Ok, I will try to think of something incredibly offensive to say :)).
Skips

Post by Skips »

The recruitment chap I have been dealing with has given me a lot of pointers - including links to their website which has been very helpful. The interview is in 8 minutes so hopefully I've done enough prep.

J is very supportive of whatever I decide - in terms of the pay cut there are areas we could slash (holidays :cry:) which would mean we can make up the shortfall/additional travel costs.
Last edited by Skips on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Good luck!
Lola

Post by Lola »

Good luck, Skips!

I thought Est was being very Australian there with the “look,...” :))
Skips

Post by Skips »

It was a very short interview with one "why do you want to work here" question and three competency based questions. The role is because the Mortgage team is overworked at the moment so they are looking to take on 8(!) new people to cover the shortfall and provide customer service and admin work. I know there is talk of a housing crash (there has been for months though) but if I get my foot in the door and do well, is it worth the risk?

Benefits would be the same as if I were working as a permanent member of staff (I didn't ask about that in interview, I found the ad on their website and it detailed it all on there) so certainly something to think about. The start date would be the 22nd February so I will need help telling work I wouldn't be able to fulfil my notice period.
Lola

Post by Lola »

How do you feel about customer service work?
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I would go. Benefits are probably pretty good. Suspect it would be longer than 6 months and then you can use the internal website to apply for other stuff.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Lola wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:02 pm How do you feel about customer service work?
I don't have strong feeling either way about it. I think adding to my role and making it less admin based would be a good thing as I'm bored a lot of the time.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:02 pm I would go. Benefits are probably pretty good. Suspect it would be longer than 6 months and then you can use the internal website to apply for other stuff.
This is what I am thinking. It is a massive company and the offices in Gloucester are huge so there are bound to be more positions available. Just need to get a job offer. :))
Lola

Post by Lola »

That’s fair enough then. Customer service would be my worst nightmare :))
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Good luck, Skips!
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

That sounds good Skips. Hope you get an offer!
Beena

Post by Beena »

Fingers crossed, skips!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Fingers crossed, Skips.

I had another chat about my new role today. I’ve been told that I’ll be put in to the position for several months, at which point they will have to do a “merit” based process and will be able to appoint me (upgrading my substantive position). I’m going to have to brush up on my ITIL and in theory I’ll start at the beginning of April (pending confirmation from the CIO).
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My new role is signed off, I’ve submitted the paperwork, told my current manager and start of 1 April. Feels a bit weird, as it all happened to quickly!
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've just had my interview for the other role, it just felt awkward so I would be surprised if I got it.