Time For A Change

nineseven

Re: Time For A Change

Post by nineseven »

I just channelled by inner man by applying for a job I'm only partially qualified for that pays three times what I've ever earned anywhere :lol:
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Go for it Nine - bet you can do it and have time to spare!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I've earned £740 this month after tax. LOL. I've had at least five job applications rejected without interview. The market is awash with starving writers. Maybe I need to retrain in something dull and recession-proof.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I have a sort of mini interview tomorrow for the secondment. I keep getting told that there’s quite a bit of interest in the role. I don’t care if I don’t get it (I’m not sure if I even want to accept it in the exceptionally unlikely event I’m offered it) but I’m glad I’m going through the process of applying.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Good luck, Hazey.

I have got past the application stage for a job! I have to do a writing test.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Well done, nine!

Good luck, Hazey.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Good luck Hazey and Nine
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Good luck Hazey and nine!

I've just had a massive meltdown and as a result will be pulling out of the interview I have on Thursday. I don't want the job and I was getting so stressed doing the interview prep. It's just not worth it.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Oh Chicky sorry to hear that but best in these times not to have to deal with extra stress.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Sounds like the right decision, Chicky. No point doing it if it's only going to cause you stress.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

That doesn’t sound so good chickster but it seems like the right choice.

Huzzah 97, I hope you have more luck than I did today. I’m happy that I won’t get it but I’m also glad I tried.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

confirmed- I didn't get it. I know part of the reason I stuffed up the interview on Tuesday was that I knew I didn't really want it. But sometimes the process is better than the result.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

In my industry, salaries are rarely advertised. This means applications can be a total stab in the dark. I've now been rejected for two roles at places that said they liked my application but my salary expectations are too high. WHY NOT TELL US THE RANGE BEFORE WE APPLY THEN? :verm:
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I really hate that and don't understand what is to be gained by it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Heebie Jeebie wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:40 pm I really hate that and don't understand what is to be gained by it.
I just googled and apparently it's something to do with hiding your salaries from competitors (?). I think they're just hoping to get people on the cheap.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

nineseven wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:29 pm In my industry, salaries are rarely advertised. This means applications can be a total stab in the dark. I've now been rejected for two roles at places that said they liked my application but my salary expectations are too high. WHY NOT TELL US THE RANGE BEFORE WE APPLY THEN? :verm:
I remember you saying something along those lines years ago too. It’s so fucking stupid of them.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Just spent two hours applying for a job and got the following automated response :verm:

"We are continuing to accept applications until the advertised closing date for this position. However due to recent advice from the Government around Coronavirus, we will not be proceeding with any interviews at this time. Where possible, once the closing date has passed we hope to be able to continue with shortlisting and if you have been shortlisted, we will contact you. However we cannot organise any interviews. The interview dates advertised will not go ahead. There will, therefore, be a delay in completing this recruitment.

If you are unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage, we will not contact you.

We will continue to monitor the situation and if you have been shortlisted then when we can start interviewing again, we will be in touch. At this stage we are unable to confirm what the timescales will be."

Ever heard of Zoom?
Penny Century

Post by Penny Century »

Fuck sake! What a waste of time.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Also, are you supposed to be psychic as to whether they’ve not got back to you because you didn’t make the shortlist, or becaus you did and the shortlist process is still stalled? They really haven’t thought this through, have they?
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I know, it's ridiculous. I am also seeing a lot of jobs described as "entry level" that require 7+ years' experience.