Time For A Change

Froozy

Re: Time For A Change

Post by Froozy »

That's fantastic news, Skips, well done! What fuckers though, that you had to hold them to ransom. Squeeze them for every benefit you can!
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm delighted for you Skips. You shouldn't have had to be- but well done for being brave.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I was shitting myself a bit, but it's such a weight off my mind.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Brilliant, Skips. I'm really pleased for you.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

That's great news, Skips; this has been hanging over you for so long.

When is the interview, Jupes?

I'm not surprised you're in demand, Olive. I hope they can find a way to make it work for you.

I have been offered a new role but my boss has said he's not confident it can be done in 3 days p/w. It's mine if I agree to increase to 4 days p/w. Professionally it's a no-brainer; I want to stay with my existing company as I expect we'll all be made redundant in the next 3-5 years (thank you, Brexit) by which time I'll have nearly 20 years' service, but my department is already under threat as the French are trying to covertly move our jobs to France. (A JD identical to mine was advertised with France as a protected location the day after the GE. UK HR are fighting it as it's flagrantly illegal, but it's just a matter of how they do it, not if.) This role gives me a far better profile and is a better position to be job hunting from, plus I'd be good at it. And I could definitely use the extra money. The only thing stopping me is that it's a really bad time personally, with my dad being on limited time and Berty struggling with me being away. I've asked if they will give me a temporary increase in hours with a no-questions-asked get-out in six months.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Great news, Skips!

That is a tough one Lora, would there be more travel? I would be very tempted to take it if you can make it work.

I'm still waiting to get an actual date for interview. I only got the email on Friday night from the US so I hope to hear early this week.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Congratulations, Skips! It’s been a bloody long time coming and well deserved.
Jupiter wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:50 pm I'm still waiting to get an actual date for interview. I only got the email on Friday night from the US so I hope to hear early this week.
Same. It’s a public holiday here though.

Wow - that’s a lot to consider Lora. Are there any scenarios that might work like 2 longer days or spreading the 4 days over 5 to have shorter days? Will your boss be open to trialling some options?

Hopefully you’ll get the temp increase in hours to see how that pans out. Well done on being offered the role though!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Jupiter wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:50 pm That is a tough one Lora, would there be more travel? I would be very tempted to take it if you can make it work.
Yes, definitely more travel.

olive wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:06 pm Wow - that’s a lot to consider Lora. Are there any scenarios that might work like 2 longer days or spreading the 4 days over 5 to have shorter days? Will your boss be open to trialling some options?

Hopefully you’ll get the temp increase in hours to see how that pans out. Well done on being offered the role though!
Ugh, no to more short days :ttth: I want to get properly dressed and commute as infrequently as possible :)) My hours are entirely flexible, fortunately, but as I already do 3 long days I will only get paid for an additional 4 or 5 hours, so it's not quite the financial incentive my manager seems to think. (He's asked me several times, presenting it as a "33% pay rise" and can't understand why it's neither 33% nor a pay rise :verm: )

I hope you both get dates through very soon :fc:
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Wonderful news Skips many congratulations!!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s excellent news, Skips! Congratulations!
absley

Post by absley »

Well done, Skips!

:fc: you can find ways to make it work for you, Olive and Lora.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Very good news, Skips. I'm so pleased for you.
Malan
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

You seem to have such a lot on your plate, Lora, the timing doesn’t seem great. But maybe something to add to the mix is that if you get redundancy in a few years, you’d get a lot more money if you were doing four days. That’s a long time away and only an ‘if’ though. It’s a real tricky one.

I’m really pleased for you Skips, what a relief.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Just caught up on this - brilliant news Skips! I'm pleased for you!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
indigo

Post by indigo »

Fab Skips! And Lora - not great timing, but I hope you can work it out.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

So pleased for you Skips! That must be such a massive relief.

Hope you can make it work Lora! They seem to have been good employers to you (as well they should be after such stellar long service!) so I am v hopeful :fc:

The brand I'm working for went official with their UK launch today - same day I sorted contracts and it was agreed I could take on the UK marketing and SM and my official email address was sorted! :disco:
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Woo-hoo, emma! You seem to be really enjoying it and it sounds really interesting.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Congratulations Emma!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Well done, Emma. It sounds like you really enjoy what you’ve been doing.
Beena

Post by Beena »

That's fabulous, Skips! I'm really pleased for you. And you too, emma!

Hope you can make it work, Lora. I'm not surprised you're torn about what to do. Tricky decision.