Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Re: Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Post by Marth »

My son's Spanish festival initially moved from may to September, but has now cancelled for this year.
Malan
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Even if some countries open for tourism, they're unlikely to be letting us in, just people from grown up countries. :cry:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luce

Post by Luce »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:34 pm Even if some countries open for tourism, they're unlikely to be letting us in, just people from grown up countries. :cry:
That's exactly what we were saying today. I think we're going to put any holiday money we have saved and put it into the house. I just can't see any country letting us in any time soon and who can blame them?
Little My

Post by Little My »

Sorry for all the messed up plans. So disappointing.

We are half seriously looking at camper vans/trailers. It's about the only way we can think of to comfortably go anywhere this year, and possibly next year.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Has anyone been able to figure out the process of getting hold of a voucher from Easyjet?
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 5:27 pm Has anyone been able to figure out the process of getting hold of a voucher from Easyjet?
Has your flight been cancelled yet, Hazey? If so you can manage your booking on their website and request credit / a refund through there.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

Ah, okay. I am still waiting for a refund from our March flights. It could take a while!
Disco

Post by Disco »

Easyjet have said a year!
smalex

Post by smalex »

A year! That's insane. They're taking the piss
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Yikes!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Virgin Atlantic will let us rebook the flights but because the schedule is only released 11months in advance the earliest we could rebook for aug 2021 is September. We could change for free but subject to any difference in flight costs (which could be massive I guess). They let you keep the rebooking open in the meantime. What I wondered is- if Virgin went bust whilst we had a open booking with them would we be able to claim either from travel insurance (I don't know if ours would cover it anyway given we arranged it shortly after booking) or credit card?
Theres no advantage to us doing it yet because we might as well hold on and see if it gets cancelled anyway, but I want to try and figure out our options in advance
Marth

Post by Marth »

We didn't cancel our booked camping in late July (in Dorset), so I'm hoping we can still get away. The owner feels it would be straightforward to distance there. (Basic facilities, no shop, plenty of space etc)
Malan
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Here camp sites etc can re-open now, (well, on Tuesday) with distancing and providing they're not in a "red zone" for infection rates. Oh, just checked, it's gone over to orange or green zones now, no more red :))
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

ParisGal wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:08 pm I highly doubt France will be letting tourists in in early June!
The EU are going to make a decision on internal borders for 15th June - I'd guess that intra-EU travel for holidays will be allowed either then or for July. No help for people from the UK to make decisions obviously though, especially with the quarantine measures that were announced.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Campsites here is 12 June (pending stage 1 going well, which it seems to be so far), as long as your group is smaller than 10. But they will limit capacity to ensure that social distancing can occur. The place I want to book for July school holiday isn’t taking bookings until the state confirms stage 2 is going ahead as planned though. I’ll use the site toilets but I’m not going to use showers (we have an en-suite in the van now).
absley

Post by absley »

Campsites are open here - a friend went to one last week and said she's never seen it so busy. Communal showers, toilets and cooking areas were still shut though.
Marth

Post by Marth »

absley wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am Campsites are open here - a friend went to one last week and said she's never seen it so busy. Communal showers, toilets and cooking areas were still shut though.
How are people supposed to go to the toilet?

That's the issue with parks here. The govt is like "Crack on, get to the park, spend all day" but then there is no where to go to the loo. Apparently Finsbury park is ringed with wee and worse!
Malan
Disco

Post by Disco »

Beatrix wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:32 am They’re quoting 90 days. Our flights for next Saturday were cancelled on Wednesday this week, so I’ve reapplied for our refund. A friend of a friend had a refund within a week, but I suspect it’ll slow up because they probably just don’t have any cash.
Thanks Beatrix. It's made more difficult because my friend made our bookings so is dealing with it. When I say dealing with it I mean doing nothing so I have spurred her on with your titbit of info.
absley

Post by absley »

Marth wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:46 am
absley wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am Campsites are open here - a friend went to one last week and said she's never seen it so busy. Communal showers, toilets and cooking areas were still shut though.

That's the issue with parks here. The govt is like "Crack on, get to the park, spend all day" but then there is no where to go to the loo. Apparently Finsbury park is ringed with wee and worse!
She has a camper van - not sure if that was true for everyone or if it's the bushes! So grim with the parks.
Marth

Post by Marth »

absley wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 7:15 pm
Marth wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:46 am

She has a camper van - not sure if that was true for everyone or if it's the bushes! So grim with the parks.
Oh yes. I would love a camper van now
Malan