Holidays, trips & travel 2020

smalex

Re: Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Post by smalex »

Could Virgin have bumped you to another flight though Flora? That's what happened to our flight. I'm not sure if that would matter for your claim though.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

No idea!!!!! Surely someone would have contacted us to tell us that though?
smalex

Post by smalex »

You'd imagine. I think Dial A Flight (who we booked through) and Virgin both notified us. Ours drifted by about 6 hours both ways (not that we were willing or able to actually go on it).
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Interesting - so we raised a s75 claim last week and this week Travel Up have miraculously emailed us to say they are processing our refund which will take up to 6 weeks, but we need to confirm that we have completely closed any payment dispute proceedings. I need to call my credit card people to ask what to do, but I think this is mightily cheeky, as presumably if I close the s75 I then have no recourse if they either don't pay or go out of business in the meantime?
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

That is cheeky! Not travel and only a small amount but I had a company tell me they'd refund me if I closed my section 75 but only after I'd done it. I didn't like the sound of that so told them where to go (and got my full section 75 refund) but maybe it is a common thing?
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

They don’t want to refund you and then the S75 go through. If the S75 is already in motion then I would be tempted to let it continue to guarantee you get your money back. If they do go bust, and you have booked flight only, then you would be highly unlikely to get anything back.