Trips in 2022

Luce

Re: Trips in 2022

Post by Luce »

I've already heard about warnings of dehydration from the silica and then drinking alcohol so I'll make sure to drink some water occasionally :lol: I really hope it happens :fc:
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

That sounds amazing, Luce. Not Lice, as my phone was insisting on.

The Swede and I are vaguely planning to go to Copenhagen next summer. No actual plans yet though.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

That sounds amazing Luce. Reykjavik is on my list and the Blue Lagoon package sounds amazing. I really hope you get to go.

Mr C has been invited to a conference in Macedonia in July so I may go with him (if he can promise me a nice hotel with a pool) and then we’ll tack on a week at a villa in Greece afterwards. I’ve found a lovely looking villa on Zakynthos and my parents have said they are happy to come and look after the house/Youngest so that’s all sounding good.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That sounds lovely Chicky! I'd love to tack onto a work trip, days by yourself and then company in the evening sounds pretty good to me. (Alas, S never travels anywhere for work!)

We've booked marrakech for Feb half term. Massive fingers crossed it happens #itsthehopethatkillsyou :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

P decided he’d like a weekend away as a family for his 40th as opposed to going away with his friends (he’d ruled out as a couple/with couples due to childcare logistics). We looked at city breaks but just booked a cabin with a hot tub in the Forest of Dean. Only 418 days to go. :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

:lol:

That sounds nice though!

I'm starting to be tempted by actually going abroad next year. Maybe for some sunshine in Jan/Feb. I can't believe I'm thinking about it after being so risk averse for so long but the thought of a nice holiday is so tempting.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Do it, Ken! We had a lovely fortnight in Corfu in late august/early September and it was really no drama and felt honestly safer than here. We’re thinking of a proper further-afield holiday in Feb/March, maybe to Vietnam, but we’ll book last-minute depending on covid stuff etc.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

We are definitely hoping to be able to go abroad next year, at the moment we’ve pencilled in June but will leave it as late as possible to book flights (will probably try and book the hotel with free cancellation).
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

This barely counts as a trip, but I am going to the eastern part of my state (about a 5 hour drive from me) to wine country for 3 days with a friend next week. We will do some (gentle) hikes in the mornings and then spend the afternoons/evenings bopping around wineries and tasting rooms drinking wine and eating out :bounce:

I haven’t been anywhere for fun/with other people since Cape Cod last summer (not counting being back home), and I am looking forward to the change of scenery, a few degrees more warmth and no rain!

I am also quite tempted by a week or so somewhere warm before the office reopens (so in the next ~month). The obvious option is Hawaii, but I am also tempted by Mexico. The last (and only) time I’ve been there was at an all inclusive getting over a break up a few years ago, so I can’t say I really got a feel for it. I definitely don’t have my solo traveling chops back yet and I’m stressing a bit about language barrier and safety. But I’ve found some lovely hotels I am yearning to stay at and swan about it. Hawaii accommodation options are less inspiring as I prefer having a condo/rental there and there isn’t much available (that’s nice).
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That still sounds good, Epp.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:12 pm I am looking forward to the change of scenery, a few degrees more warmth and no rain!
This is basically my criteria for a holiday right now!

We've booked France in August - 10 days across two Huttopia sites (one Mont St Michel, and the other somewhere between Paris and the Loire Valley :vague: ). They offered covid insurance for cancellation, so we've taken that, and taken a punt on the Eurotunnel (a non-flexible ticket was half the price a flexible one - so if we do have to cancel and rebook, it will actually end up costing us more or less the same). I am looking forward to cheese and wine.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Oh lovely, Flo. I yearn for France also! I’ve never been to Mont St Michel and would love to visit.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Flora Poste wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:47 pm
Epponnee Rae wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:12 pm I am looking forward to the change of scenery, a few degrees more warmth and no rain!
This is basically my criteria for a holiday right now!
But you’re going to le Mont St Michel!? :mrgreen:

Make sure you pack something warm and waterproof for Normandy/ Britanny in the summer.
F'Artiste

Post by F'Artiste »

That sounds so lovely Flo!

We have a week booked for Rhodes at the end of May/start of June and I really can’t wait. I think we may have to sort out a PCR test for V before we go, unless the rules change (for Greece and not the UK).

We plan to go to France/Spain later in the year, but it depends on when the house move is, as we’ll need to keep some annual leave aside for that first.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

I'm going to Seville later this week, I'm quite anxious about it. Not least because there ought to be eight of us going so the odds of nobody getting Covid between now and then seem very slim. We have to fill in a health form on a spanish government website, and also send our passport details to the local police. I'm not sure if that's a Brexit thing, a covid thing or an Air B&B thing.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Seville, though! Fab. Fingers crossed you all stay covid free.

My only advice is to have a paper copy of your NHS Covid pass. It may be because Egypt is particularly un-digital, but having a print out was much less stressful and we were advised, and helped by the Hotel, to print our PLFs on return as well (again, for Egypt airport checks. nobody at the UK gave a stuff). Those might be gone by the time you fly, I can't remember when they're getting ditched.
Tabitha

Post by Tabitha »

They cease to be a thing whilst we’re out there. Good tip about the print out, thank you.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I've printed All The Things for our trip to Alicante tomorrow, just in case. We're only going for a few days on dirt cheap Ryanair flights from Local Airport up the road, it's a little tester to see if we're up to actual travel without having a breakdown. :))
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

My trigger finger is twitching over a week in Mexico. It is not cheap and flights are quite long as I’d have to connect (I could get to London faster :ella: ), so it’s really 6 days/6 nights. The hotels look so nice though, one has a private pool and the other a terrace hot tub with a view of the sea - very gram’able ;) But both are apparently a bit remote (with about an hour’s drive between then on changeover day) and I wasn’t planning on driving or hiring a car. Which leaves me at the mercy of taxis and hotel transfers to go anywhere, which might suck? That said, to spend that much on hotels I’d basically just want to be there all day getting my money’s worth so maybe it wouldn’t matter?

Someone either enable me or talk me out of it! :panic:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m sure you could find something just as nice that’s a bit easier logistically, if that helps?