Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Princess Morripov

Re: Holidays, trips & travel 2020

Post by Princess Morripov »

Via email I presume? I submitted my request straight away for my 8th June flight the day it was cancelled land I’ve heard nothing.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

So I have my reimbursement from tui; now I need to plan a trip to the bank so I can bank the cheque.
I wouldn't mind but the person who worked on the changes said it would be a bank transfer. :banghead:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My friend has booked to go to Tenerife at the weekend. I can’t decide if I’m horrified or insanely envious.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

A cheque! They‘re fucking with you.

Yikes, Pip. People like that tend to be fine though, don’t they?
Little My

Post by Little My »

I got a cheque refund recently, instead the bank transfer I had filled out a bloody form for so as to avoid a cheque.

Pip, I'm similarly conflicted by that! She probably didn't bother with insurance either. :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

This weekend?

I kind of envy that sense of immortality. :)) I also wish I had a private jet (there are lots of places I'd be happy to be in, I just don't want to get on a plane to get there, or spend time in a UK airport).
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:32 pm My friend has booked to go to Tenerife at the weekend. I can’t decide if I’m horrified or insanely envious.
I'm toying with booking for Florence in September :)) . I probably won't, but i REALLY want to.
Last edited by Marth on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malan
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:32 pm My friend has booked to go to Tenerife at the weekend. I can’t decide if I’m horrified or insanely envious.
This is how I feel when people do even the simplest things like buy a coffee in a cafe. :))
Little My

Post by Little My »

Mountain Goat wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:11 pm I kind of envy that sense of immortality. :)) I also wish I had a private jet (there are lots of places I'd be happy to be in, I just don't want to get on a plane to get there, or spend time in a UK airport).
I have such itchy feet. I definitely won't be leaving the country this year though, and I don't know that I dare to plan for next year.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

We decided that we won't go anywhere outside the UK this year and realistically I won't go anywhere that I can't drive to. So we are thinking about a holiday cottage as neither of us fancies a plane journey nor being anywhere that we'd be stuck in should there be a lockdown.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That sounds nice though. Any idea where?
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:14 pm That sounds nice though. Any idea where?
For me? Probably East Neuk of Fife, or maybe Northumberland. I basically want to be somewhere that I can drive home from, if there's a lockdown :cheery:

We are lucky in that we're not tied to school holidays so I'm thinking late September when we'll know more about how safe it will be, I hope.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Luce

Post by Luce »

I think you're right Sal, going outside the UK is madness, even if just for insurance reasons, not to even mention whether we'd be allowed in/allowed back.

I've got camping booked for next week and I'm trying to be very upbeat about it because we're lucky to even be able to think about it but, god. Camping. With no electricity. In Yorkshire! The kids are insanely excited so that helps.

We've also booked Center Parcs in August. I'm fully expecting to not go but you get a full refund if you have to self-isolate or there are lockdowns etc. It's such an outdoorsy holiday for us that even without swimming I think we'll still be ok.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

September sounds good. We’re going to take some leave then for the same reasons (but probably not go anywhere).
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’d really like to go somewhere in the UK for a break, but I doubt we’ll do it. I was wistfully looking at Aberystwyth yesterday but I think I’ve just gone a bit mad. We might think about October half term in a couple of months.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I can't be dealing with the stress of foreign travel at the moment - there are just too many things that could fuck it up. My friend was supposed to be driving and ferry to Jersey (to visit her sister) then ferry to France and driving to Italy next week. Only the French are now striking at the French port they were going to, so she's had to cancel the Jersey leg :ella:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Not sure if I've mentioned it but we've book a few days away in a holiday cottage for September in the Dales. We needed a break and it's not too far for us to drive in case anything happens.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

My 24 year old colleague, who clearly thinks she's immortal, is all over Instagram posing away in the south of Spain at various bars, pool parties and restaurants as we speak. I think she's absolutely nuts.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I feel bad for Spain.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I've booked some flights to Lisbon for September, we can change them if required and I don't particularly care if I have to self isolate when I get home, it pretty much normal living at the moment. I think I'd probably feel safer there given Boris + his cronies advice