DC

sally maclennane

Re: DC

Post by sally maclennane »

olive wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:23 pm
Agreed. Mr O refuses to stay anywhere where we have to pay for WiFi.

It’s worth checking hotel group membership schemes and joining them. They’re usually free and if you’re a member you can use the WiFi for free.
It pisses me off so much, my brother provides free wi-fi in his old-man-boozer pub so I don't see why a multi national chain can't. Again, this has never won me any arguments :lol:

DC looks really lovely, I quite fancy the US for my 50th ( in 2023) so I'm hoping the orange prick has gone by then.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

olive wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:23 pm
Chicky wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:42 pm I think I was a Japanese veterinarian as well :)) Mr C was a dancer :mog: I really enjoyed it too. It was really well done.
Mr C. :lol: Did you put your hand in the box thing in the spy museum? I totally chicken out seeing the way people reacted.
Yes! It was horrific! Not what I expected either :bob:

The only other thing we needed our passports for was the Pentagon, which I thought was fair enough :))

I was in two minds about going because of Trump, but most people in DC seem to dislike him and the White House is totally dwarfed by the Capitol and the other monuments so he’s very easy to forget about.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh, those bright sunny DC winter days. I really miss them :cry:

I'm so pleased the Natural History Museum has improved - the dinosaur wing had closed for renovation while we lived there, I'd completely forgotten about that.

I'm so pleased you had an amazing time and hopefully you'll get to go back!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Chicky wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:44 pm I was in two minds about going because of Trump, but most people in DC seem to dislike him and the White House is totally dwarfed by the Capitol and the other monuments so he’s very easy to forget about.
People have been known to actively boo at the skies when Marine One is overhead. Total opposite to when Obama was in office. DC is very much in its own bubble. So different to a lot (the vast majority of) the USA.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Great photos! Thank you for sharing them.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.