Travel 2021 (what do you think the odds are of....)

Hazey_Jane

Re: Travel 2021 (what do you think the odds are of....)

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Ah okay.

I was really glad that I went too, despite having dismissed it for years as ‘the stone came from wales and we don’t know why’ but it was really well done.

And listen to Spinal Tap while you’re there
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I watched a documentary a few months ago which was about the Stonehenge bluestones, it was all about the archaeological theory that they weren’t purpose built for Stonehenge but were dismantled from an earlier structure in Wales, there were lots of speculative mini-digs at potential likely sites. It was very cool.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... e-in-wales
Disco

Post by Disco »

I saw that too, hippy. I like Stonehenge. It reminds me of R as we went there the day we found out I was pregnant and accidentally sat on one of the - out of bounds - burial mounds for hours in the sun, and we also went to midsummer there and could touch the stones and get right in the circle.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Summer solstice! That’s what I mean.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

One of the things that I promised myself I’d do when I moved to the frozen north of Germany was jump on a train to Berlin of a loose weekend.

So that’s exactly what I’m going to do next weekend. I’ve been a few times before so I’ve done the main tourist stuff. I think I’m going to go and explore the trendy districts (Berlin is hipster central) and the lesser known bits of the town and maybe see if I can do a David Bowie tour of where he lived and his haunts in the 70s
Glint

Post by Glint »

The Bowie tour sounds marvellous, if you are able.