Trips in 2022

Little My

Re: Trips in 2022

Post by Little My »

We have an AirB&B in the centre of Reykjavik, and plans to go to the airport via the blue lagoon on the way to Scotland, then we have another few days on the way back when we'll rent a car and check out The Golden Circle. No plans as yet for Scotland. Although I would like to go and check out some art museums in Glasgow. We always, always go to Anstruther for fish & chips. :))

We are just missing each other! Do you have plans yet?
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

My parents went to the Blue Lagoon for their 50th and the photos are amazing!

R and I will fly into London and R's friends are putting us up on either side of the trip. We'll have two weeks in Edinburgh. R's daughter is coming up for one of the weekends and we'll make a detour to Liverpool to see her again on our way back to London. While in Edinburgh, we have no plans except to sit in his mother's and sisters' kitchens and drink tea and catch up. My friends in Edinburgh want to take a day trip or two, but I'm supposed to come up with the destination(s). I'm mostly looking forward to seeing their cats, so anything else will be a bonus. :)) Any recommendations for great coffee shops, restaurants, gift shops, etc. will be greatly appreciated!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

The Blue Lagoon is so fun! The water is completely changed every couple of days, too, which I find reassuring! Have fun.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am going to Clacton on Sea this weekend. My sister lives near there and it is her 60th birthday on Sunday. Two nights away from home on my own!!
In May I want to attend a 50th in Holland so will book a solo trip for 4 days to Utrecht travelling by train, really looking forward to that. AND in June I will have a long weekend on the Isle of Wight with a couple of close girlfriends.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Last time we went to Edinburgh Mr LM and I stayed at The Witchery by the castle for a night away from the kids, and we LOVED it. The dinner and breakfast were wonderful and the suite was so fun. They all have different themes, some with big four poster beds, secret rooms, hidden puzzles, etc.

If I had an evening to kill in Edinburgh, speaking as a tourist ( :)) ), I would probably book a ghost walk. :goat:
Ella77 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:45 pm The Blue Lagoon is so fun! The water is completely changed every couple of days, too, which I find reassuring! Have fun.
I'm so excited about that in particular! We may try to find another, less busy, place to bathe as well.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

If you can go at night, it's emptier then. It's light almost around the clock then, so it depends on your children, I guess! Maybe jet lag will help?
Little My

Post by Little My »

I think I mean less of a touristy vibe, rather than fewer people. Something a bit more rustic. Not that I would necessarily prefer it, but just to add to the Icelandic experience. :))

Daylight around the clock will be so weird!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Doh, got it, sorry!
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

After mammoth fannying around as per bloody usual, we are finally booking our holiday and we are going on an 11 day cruise ship up to Norway and as far north as the arctic circle in exactly 3 weeks from now.

I am so excited, I’m tempted to start packing now (this also means I can’t pack away all of my winter woolies just yet)

First time on a cruise ship and I have no idea really what to expect. I’m not really a ‘sit in the theatre and watch the cabaret every evening’ kind of person. Is there any point in bringing my gym stuff with me (to work off the buffet) or is that just wishful thinking?
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

Ooh Hazey! That sounds amazing! We are still wanting to explore Norway but as I get seasick crossing a bridge we are probably going to do a train tour to the fjords instead. Which company are you going with?
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I think we are going to risk a flight later in the year. Hopefully going to Ibiza, I am so looking forward to sunshine and just to be somewhere different!
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Dáire

Post by Dáire »

I'm just dreading the airport. Maybe if we prepare for it being a nightmare it won't be so bad?

Booked a cottage in the Chilterns for Christmas, so we can spend more time with Mr D's parents/family as well not spend one more Christmas on a renovation site. Also because my mother said "we'll alternate!" and then didn't and I got so mad I said 'that's it, I'm finally doing it. Next year we go away!'

It's got a big brick inglenook fireplace, wood stove, quiet village, lovely garden, little cosy room for the kids with cottagey-window and it's frankly sickeningly cute, and will be perfect for Christmas.