Annabella

Re: Chaos at airports?

Post by Annabella »

Sorry meany she had to change to Heathrow for BA
Glint

Post by Glint »

Little My wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:57 pm
We're flying Iceland - Glasgow in and out of the UK.
As things are currently, I reckon you’ll be fine. You might need to get to the airport a wee bit earlier depending on your preferred airport routine (if you are a Mr Olive, then you’d be fine :)) ).

Mr G flew out on Monday and was in the KLM check-in queue for longer than it took him to get through security. He has a few more trips in the offing, so should be able to keep you updated if needed, although they’re all European currently.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Annabella wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:24 pm Sorry meany she had to change to Heathrow for BA
Oh, bugger, got my hopes up there. :))
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:18 pm I’ve had notification this morning that my flight from Lyon to Luton at the end of August is cancelled. They’ve switched my flight into Gatwick, leaving earlier the same day. Bit of a problem as we’re flying from Luton.
That's a pain. I mean, at least you can get a direct train between the two but an hour or two on Thameslink is nobody's choice after a holiday!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

We are flying BA (to use up air miles before they expire) to Seville from Gatwick at the beginning of August. I was worried our passports wouldn't get back in time but they've both been approved and printed.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

emma_p wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:25 am We are flying BA (to use up air miles before they expire) to Seville from Gatwick at the beginning of August. I was worried our passports wouldn't get back in time but they've both been approved and printed.
We’ll be in Seville at the beginning of August. :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Turtle tapas meet! I will check dates! We’re only staying one night before we (I :nerves: ) drive to Arcos de la Frontera then on to Tarifa :fc:

We’re having a summer of staying in houses we’re rented before. In Whitstable, Tarifa and Lyme Regis! Even our stop off hotels are ones we’ve been to before! We are now those people :mrgreen:
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

My friend had her flight cancelled coming back from Sicily at half term with Easyjet to Gatwick as they were actually boarding. She said it was a total shit show, no assistance rebooking flights, so everyone was on the phones furiously trying to get anything (the first flight they could get back was 3 days later, and into Stansted, so also involved a very expensive cab to pick up their car from Gatwick). They did book a hotel for them, but it was rubbish so they rebooked somewhere else for the next two nights to try and salvage something from the whole experience.

But it does seem to be mainly shorthaul that's being affected. Hopefully they'll rejig schedules in advance and I guess half term is always a real pinch point as people generally fly over one of 2 days either end of the week.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

emma_p wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:06 am Turtle tapas meet! I will check dates! We’re only staying one night before we (I :nerves: ) drive to Arcos de la Frontera then on to Tarifa :fc:

We’re having a summer of staying in houses we’re rented before. In Whitstable, Tarifa and Lyme Regis! Even our stop off hotels are ones we’ve been to before! We are now those people :mrgreen:
We’re doing five nights in Seville before (somehow) heading to the Algarve to a town we’ve been to about four times. :))
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

There was an article in the Guardian about this the other day

Why have flights been cancelled and will problem be fixed by summer?
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... SApp_Other
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

emma_p wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:25 am We are flying BA (to use up air miles before they expire) to Seville from Gatwick at the beginning of August. I was worried our passports wouldn't get back in time but they've both been approved and printed.
What was the turnaround on your passports, Emma?

A friend of mine is traveling to Tuscany in three weeks, her husband renewed his passport and chose the appt system. Traveled to Belfast as Glasgow isn't accepting appts and was told, yep your passport will be with you in a week.

That was four weeks ago and he can't get an answer as to the status of his passport.

I started the renewal process in April but my online status is that they only started looking at it a couple of weeks ago. I'm not expecting my passport to arrive until Aug/Sept time.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

We flew back from Sweden to Heathrow on Sunday and it was busy going through Passport control as most of the e-gates weren’t working (and the few that were were only working intermittently). It was very crowded although the staff were very efficient about moving people through as quickly as possible. It’s probably where I caught Covid though.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Duophonic wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:21 am
What was the turnaround on your passports, Emma?

A friend of mine is traveling to Tuscany in three weeks, her husband renewed his passport and chose the appt system. Traveled to Belfast as Glasgow isn't accepting appts and was told, yep your passport will be with you in a week.

That was four weeks ago and he can't get an answer as to the status of his passport.

I started the renewal process in April but my online status is that they only started looking at it a couple of weeks ago. I'm not expecting my passport to arrive until Aug/Sept time.
We both applied just a standard renewal on 18 May after failing to get appts for the fast track. So no time at all really!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I am also renewing my passport but have no travel plans. I started the process on 27th May. They only just reported my old passport as having been received, despite it being signed for on 1st June (presumably because of the bank holiday).
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

My husband's passport only took about 5 days (last week) too. So random.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Yes that was the biggest delay for mine too. It was signed for the next day (19th) but I only got confirmation or receipt on 30th. Very quick from there though, it’s being delivered today!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I think there were a lot of people trying to get passports before half term!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

No idea when that is :)).
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:12 am No idea when that is :)).
Ha, I was just thinking that. Although there does seem to be a half term every two weeks.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Right?