It was last week :teacher:
Disco

Re: Chaos at airports?

Post by Disco »

My passport renewal was complete within days. - May 2022
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

It's taking some people months to get their passports renewed!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Thanks everyone. I have no travel plans but work stuff may come up which is why I'm mildly anxious.

The passport renewal site had a notification saying expect up to 10 weeks.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Little My

Post by Little My »

Glint wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:32 pm As things are currently, I reckon you’ll be fine. You might need to get to the airport a wee bit earlier depending on your preferred airport routine (if you are a Mr Olive, then you’d be fine :)) ).

Mr G flew out on Monday and was in the KLM check-in queue for longer than it took him to get through security. He has a few more trips in the offing, so should be able to keep you updated if needed, although they’re all European currently.
Thanks! I am travelling with the anti-Mr Olive, so we're often arriving just by the skin of our teeth. Which makes me extra cautious about potential delays or mishaps.I just like to be comfortably on time.

Sounds like Easyjet isn't doing well.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Duophonic wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:35 pm The passport renewal site had a notification saying expect up to 10 weeks.
Yes, it did when I did mine too.

I've just checked. I made my online application on 12 May.
27 May - photo rejected
27 May - provided new photo
27 May - approved
30 May - printed
1 Jun - received new passport
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Did you use electronic photos where you just give them a code, Dic? Yours was very quick once the photos had been accepted. I think applications made using those are quicker (but that's just anecdata, I have no evidence).
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Mine was middle of April and it's still sitting at processing. Luck of the draw I suppose.

ETA - Mr D took photos for me and mine were accepted straight away.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Glint

Post by Glint »

Little My wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:21 pm
Thanks! I am travelling with the anti-Mr Olive, so we're often arriving just by the skin of our teeth. Which makes me extra cautious about potential delays or mishaps.I just like to be comfortably on time.
:lol: I'd maybe tell him an earlier check in time, just to be safe. There will always be roadworks to anticipate too ;)
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ella77 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:40 pm Did you use electronic photos where you just give them a code, Dic? Yours was very quick once the photos had been accepted. I think applications made using those are quicker (but that's just anecdata, I have no evidence).
At first the photo wasn't one of those. When I uploaded it the website said it was "good" but it was rejected for slight shadowing then yes I got one taken in a photo booth with a code which was approved very quickly that same day.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Fingers crossed you get it back soon, Duo.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Manchester airport is a state because they got rid of all their workers during Covid and can't hire them back. Working at the airport used to be a really good job - good wages, job security etc. But within the last few years, they have offered terrible shift patterns and the wages have not kept up. People who had decent jobs there, before the pandemic, were treated shabbily and now don't want to leave their 'new jobs' in distribution/supermarkets etc as they now have better T&C's and an easier life. My cousin worked in car hire at the airport and they made her redundant in the middle of Covid - she now works for the NHS for more money and better hours.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Thanks Dics.

So true Ruby.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Little My

Post by Little My »

It's the same here, Ruby. And lots of workers refuse to go back because they don't want to get the covid vaccine. Plus there's still a lot of covid related screening in airports which is slowing things down considerably.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Talk about reaping what you sow! These fucking employers who think you can just discard people at will with no consequences.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Manchester Airport's twitter feed has been a spectacular shitshow of blameshifting and HOW NOT TO DO IT. Also at one point posting announcements and effectively disabling replies. That went down well. They didn't try it again. :george:
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

In live reporting from Bristol Airport. It's really busy but not particularly worse than usual. My flight is not cancelled!
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Is it full of drunk Welsh people Cos? If so then we are back to t least some semblance of normality.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Easyjet are now saying to my friend who had to rebook her own flights back from Sicily after they cancelled her return that they will only refund the cost of the original, cancelled flights and won't refund the actual cost of the rebooked ones. Original flights cost £300 as booked 6 months in advance. Last minute flights rebooked cost £1,100.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Flora Poste wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:40 am Easyjet are now saying to my friend who had to rebook her own flights back from Sicily after they cancelled her return that they will only refund the cost of the original, cancelled flights and won't refund the actual cost of the rebooked ones. Original flights cost £300 as booked 6 months in advance. Last minute flights rebooked cost £1,100.
They are chancing their arm. She is entitled to the cost of the rebooked ones plus compensation for the late notice cancellation.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... -cancelled