Travel Plans for 2023

Ruby

Travel Plans for 2023

Post by Ruby »

Where are you going?

I have booked to go to Krakow at Easter. I decided not to do a beach holiday this year as the chaps were a bit annoying last time and just irritated me by staying inside in the aircon. Also, the price of holidays in the Med seems to have gone up out of all proportion.

I'm planning a spa with my sister too, at some point.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Travel Plans for 2023

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I loved Krakow when I went. It must be almost 15 years ago now.

No plans here yet, apart from a weekend in Bristol with my NCT friends, which appropriately falls on Mother’s Day weekend. One of them is saying we need to be home early on the Sunday because her kids will want to see her which made me howl with laughter and distress with equal measure.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I am going to Amsterdam for the weekend at the end of February but that’s it.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I am hopefully going to New York in May or June - J is not that keen but is coming round to the idea. We are also considering a few days in Lisbon in Septmeber.

I will be 50 in March hence NY trip but I refuse to go in March as it will likely be freezing. The weekend of my actual birthday, we are going to a hotel at the coast with my family.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Skiing in two different Canadian resorts in three weeks time! Yay!

And then somewhere over my birthday. Middle of September. Somewhere hot I can lie down and eat.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We have skiing booked for Feb half term. We’re going to Austria. We have talked about the Italian Lakes for summer but that’s as far as we’ve got. Aug bank holiday is a long weekend with in-laws in Bournemouth for their 50th wedding anniversary.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

We’re going to Vancouver Island for S’s 50th birthday in July/August. It’s a shit time of year to try and go on holiday, as everywhere is either boiling or a 20 hour flight away. However, this might actually fit the bill as being not too hot and not too cold and only a 9 hour flight :weewee:. (I know that’s still a bit long, but it’s not Southern Hemisphere long.)

I also really want to go to Palm Springs and LA in the autumn as we each have enough Virgin miles to fly nicely for free, but I need to get through probation before I start planning any more expenditure. I’m desperate to go to Desert Hot Springs and Joshua Tree though, as I’ve failed twice so far!

The Italian lakes sound wonderful.
sally maclennane

I'd love to go to Vancouver/VI Ella, it looks fab!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m not sure if I dreamt it, but I’m sure C said something about Oktoberfest to me the other day.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Thanks. We may get eaten by one or more of the following:

1) bears

2) sea wolves (yes, they’re a thing :cry:)

3) orcas

4) banana slugs

:panic:
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Banana slugs aside Vancouver island sounds awesome Ella.

I’m going to Sicily with my brother and his family in May, and Iceland with Mr C in June. And a weekend at Centre Parcs in April.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

As would I! Seattle & Vancouver was meant to be my last big birthday trip but that ship has sailed (bloody covid, and probably need to secure a job before I look at it again!).

So far, other than seeing family next week, the only thing I have booked is 9 days split between Berlin and Rome for J's 50th in the spring - a weird mixture perhaps but they're two of my favourite cities, J hasn't been to either, and I can't wait to show him round both of them :)
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

That will be great, Derek! I’ve only been to Rome once, but I loved it. Amazing food. (I mean, duh.)
sally maclennane

Berlin and Rome are both awesome, that sounds like a great trip.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Vancouver Island in particular looks amazing. Even the man-eating stuff.

We’re off to Thailand for 2.5 weeks mid-Feb, then Lisbon and the Silver Coast in June, and either Italy or Greece in September. I’d like a long weekend somewhere, too, maybe Valencia.
Glint

Post by Glint »

We haven’t got anything booked as yet. Vancouver sounds lovely.

I’m sure we will visit Wrexham again, but I fancy Toronto, and somewhere with sun at Easter, however that need might be negated due to a tiny chance Mr G going to Dubai possibly at February hols.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I want to die of envy, as we’ve just sent in the consent form for a trip to Rome for Squeak.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Berlin and Rome are my two favourites, so a joint trip sounds lovely!

We’re heading to Edinburgh in half term for a few days. We also have a trip back to Cornwall in July and a return to the Forest of Dean in December.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:43 pm I want to die of envy, as we’ve just sent in the consent form for a trip to Rome for Squeak.
Ditch Oktoberfest (real or dream version) for Rome - you'd bloody love it!

(Although I went loads in my 30s, I haven't been back for over 10 years so look forward to rediscovering it for myself too.)
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

If you need any Krakow recommendations please let me know Woo, as I went recently (work) and I have 4 of my team there who are really brilliant and I’m sure I can provide a brief and they’d be able to help :))

I’ve been twice and stayed at the Sheraton which is AMAZING for the price and breakfast is really good. If you are hunting for a hotel. It’s right by the castle so a decent location.

We have nothing planned at the moment :cry: but we will probably plan a few more trips in the camper when the weather is better. When that fecking house sells we will probably book something hot/AI for October/November as ideally we need to wait for Biggie to be 4 as most places with baby/kids clubs seem to have that as the age for the switch between the “baby” and kids club and Biggie started to get annoyed that Tupac kept getting to go swimming/football etc and he had to stay at base when we went away last June.