Bristol recommendations?

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Bristol recommendations?

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m heading to a Bristol this weekend with friends and while we have Saturday Night night dinner booked, we’ve nothing else planned at all.

Any suggestions? I think we’re staying round Clifton. To be honest I lost track of the Airbnb stuff and just paid an my share and zoned out. ;)
Topcat

Re: Bristol recommendations?

Post by Topcat »

Definitely go to Urban Tiger.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Maybe have a wander around the Downs and a quick jaunt across the suspension bridge.
I'm trying to think where I would go. Maybe have a walk up Stokes Croft to Montpelier and have lunch somewhere up there.
The Harbourside (Wapping Wharf?) has a box park and my favourite cranes. The big bars on the other side are Hen and Stag central.
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

Hire Voi scooters and tear up the city
Malan
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Definitely Urban Tiger :yes:
Luna

Post by Luna »

Bocabar!
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Coronation tap for cider! It's near the bridge which is definitely worth visiting :love: (my pub recommendation is prob 30 years out of date though :)) )
Marth

Post by Marth »

emma_p wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:53 pm Coronation tap for cider! It's near the bridge which is definitely worth visiting :love: (my pub recommendation is prob 30 years out of date though :)) )
The White Lion has great views of the bridge. (Outside so better in the warmer weather, though they may have space heaters)
Malan
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It was more for the super lethal half pints of cider! (they still serve those, right?)

Avon Gorge was always the place to go for a drink on the terrace with a view :love:
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Go to the Bristolian for brunch, and then wander up Gloucester Road from there, it's charming and full of independent shops. But that might be too far for you guys.

The Corrie Tap is a good shout though, it's in Clifton, and is full cider. It's a nice stroll around Clifton village and over the bridge and to the Camera Obscura. There's a nice pub called the Albion tucked away next to a great little shopping arcade called the Clifton Arcade, its also worth a wander. The Lido is also good for food + drinks. And book a table at Hyde + Co for a cocktail, it's great.

And Bar44 for Tapas.

If you head into the Old City, there's a couple of nice cocktail bars I'd recommend, the Clockwork Rose and the Secret Library (it's well hidden, you enter a door and wait in a disused shop until the wall opens), St Nics Market is nice for a wander around and the hotel opposite has a nice bar. There's a couple of wanky coffee shops round there that are good. Full Court Press and Small St Espresso. Plus Blame Gloria which is a drag bar.
Disco

Post by Disco »

emma_p wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:24 pm It was more for the super lethal half pints of cider! (they still serve those, right?)

Avon Gorge was always the place to go for a drink on the terrace with a view :love:
So lethal it was only sold in half pints.

Avon Gorge Hotel :love: is it a Hotel Du Vin now?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

It is, Discock.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Are there two HDV in Bristol now then or did the other relocate to Clifton?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Thanks all, this is brilliant. I will pack sturdy shoes for walking.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Think there are two, or there were. The Sugar House was the other, wasn't it?
Disco

Post by Disco »

Yes, that was it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Last I saw it was still there but I've not been to the centre in a while now, Alan.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Ta, Alan.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

There are 2 still.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:24 pm Go to the Bristolian for brunch, and then wander up Gloucester Road from there, it's charming and full of independent shops. But that might be too far for you guys.

The Corrie Tap is a good shout though, it's in Clifton, and is full cider. It's a nice stroll around Clifton village and over the bridge and to the Camera Obscura. There's a nice pub called the Albion tucked away next to a great little shopping arcade called the Clifton Arcade, its also worth a wander. The Lido is also good for food + drinks. And book a table at Hyde + Co for a cocktail, it's great.

And Bar44 for Tapas.

If you head into the Old City, there's a couple of nice cocktail bars I'd recommend, the Clockwork Rose and the Secret Library (it's well hidden, you enter a door and wait in a disused shop until the wall opens), St Nics Market is nice for a wander around and the hotel opposite has a nice bar. There's a couple of wanky coffee shops round there that are good. Full Court Press and Small St Espresso. Plus Blame Gloria which is a drag bar.
You know everywhere. Cos!

I'm going to note some of these for future visits.
Malan