Podcasts & Blogs I like

Derek Nimmo

Re: Podcasts & Blogs I like

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Is anyone listening to Monster - DC Sniper? NB It's an episode a week and not finished yet, so if you prefer to binge hold on for a bit. So, so interesting.
smalex

Post by smalex »

No- is it better than Atlanta Monster, though? I had to give up on that.
I'm dying to listen to something new.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I'll try that, Del, thanks. I have been listening to a BBC podcast Manhunt: Finding Kevin Parle which is quite interesting. It's the guy from the Channel 4 Hunted programme trying to track down a man who is wanted for a couple of murders in Liverpool.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

smalex wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:31 am No- is it better than Atlanta Monster, though? I had to give up on that.
I'm dying to listen to something new.
I gave up on Atlanta Monster too! So far, this is much better, although it did take me til episode 3 to get properly hooked.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ok good... I'll give it a go!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Despite Criminal being my all-time favourite podcast, I'm a bit fed up with real crime podcasts, but I absolutely *hate* any fiction in podcast form. At the mo, I'm just going back and re-listening to Phoebe Judge, because I apparently have the memory of a goldfish. Haven't found any super new titles in quite a while. Although Ear Hustle's coming back in March, I think. :toot:
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Derek Nimmo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:26 am Is anyone listening to Monster - DC Sniper? NB It's an episode a week and not finished yet, so if you prefer to binge hold on for a bit. So, so interesting.
I'm listening to it. I really like the format and loved the other ones they did Atlanta Monster and Up and Vanished.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
smalex

Post by smalex »

I just listened to In The Dark about the Jacob Wetterling case (mainly about police failures in the case), it was difficult listening in places but well put together and interesting.
sally maclennane

smalex wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:10 pm I just listened to In The Dark about the Jacob Wetterling case (mainly about police failures in the case), it was difficult listening in places but well put together and interesting.
I really liked (well, not "liked" given the subject matter but y'know) that, I thought it was very well done.

I am almost caught up with the Monster DC Sniper podcast, I am enjoying it but there are quite a few adverts in it which are annoying.
smalex

Post by smalex »

It was. Have you listened to the other one about Curtis Flowers?

I'm enjoying DC Sniper.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

All the In The Dark ones have been really well done. The Curtis Flowers one is beyond belief!
sally maclennane

Yes,although for some reason I couldn't get into that one so gave up towards the end.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm listening to a new one but there's only two episodes so far so you might want to wait if you tend to binge.

The Nobody Zone - A homeless man confesses to murder in 1983 and it turns out that he's killed multiple times and gotten away with it. The podcast is investigating how and why it happened.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Is it good, Duo? I wanted to listen to it but wasn't sure if I would get on with it or not.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm enjoying it, it's well laid out, coherent and the narration isn't annoying.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I really dislike Payne Lindsey but I don't know why. I had to stop listening to the second series of Up and Vanished because I just wanted him to get on with it. Atlanta Monster is an interesting story but I don't think he deals with it that well - there's a lot of time lurking under that bridge and then not nearly enough time talking about his dad etc.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Oh wait! DC Sniper isn't Payne Lindsey so I might give it a go. Is there a lot of feet crunching over gravel/boring phone conversations etc?
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think hes involved, but it's miles better than Atlanta monster. AM made me want to lose my shit, it really made me a lot more discerning about podcasts in general because I was so hacked off with it.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

The first few episodes of Atlanta Monster were good and then they just kept circling back to the same things and skipping over other things that sounded important. Up & Vanished is the same. They both mention a piece of evidence, as if they will be coming back to it at some point, and then never mention it again.