Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Morganna

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Morganna »

It really is!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That's beautiful, Rosy!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

The quilt looks seriously impressive!

Lazz, show us your work so far...
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

I'll take a pic ce soir, Cerise.

I also am adding this to the to do list: https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/7924727 ... ve_1&crt=1
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

Oh that’s brilliant!
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

That quilt is amazing, Rosy!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Update on the painting - I’ve just come off the wrap-up call for today’s art class..,
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That looks so good!
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Hippy that is so beautiful! How long did it take you?

Rosy, your quilt is stunning.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

That’s about 10 hours so far, and it’s not finished yet. I’m quite slow as I don’t really know what I’m doing yet, so I often have to go back over the same bit a few times when I try a different technique or approach and it’s better, or to make colours work together, etc.

I’ve only just seen that Etsy pattern! Brilliant.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s amazing, Hippy!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

That's just gorgeous! I'm in awe of anyone with artistic talent, I just have none.

Here's the blanket - 20 rows out of 90 now. :))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That looks very soothing!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

It is! It's the Attic24 cupcake collection of colours, I believe - I quite like just following the instructions and crocheting mindlessly.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Lovely colours!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I am about 2/3 through my Attic24 woodland blanket. I also bought all the yarn for the Dune blanket from Deramores (but not as a kit as they were out of stock) - it arrived last week and I’ve unpacked it from its front door quarantine and taken it up to my craft/box room this morning.

I really have far too much yarn now. Like ridiculous amounts. Plus an ever-increasing collection of made blankets. I really need to start giving them away.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That is a lovely blanket, Lazzie, and I am in awe of your artistic abilities H1ppy!!

My Red Box is coming on nicely. I want to have a little moan about the yarn, though. It's this one and it's a very oversized pattern, so will take a lot. Every skein has had several splices (where two lengths of yarn have been joined), and they haven't been done well. Any independently dyed and produced yarn will be less 'perfect' than commercial, and that's ok, but this is really annoying, as the small stitches mean that lumpy joins show up, so I am having to cut the yarn and knot it, weaving in the ends. Given the cost of it, I don't expect to have to do this more than once in a skein, but it's more like three or four joins :verm:.

I bought most of the skeins at a yarn festival in the summer (those heady days of being allowed out!), but as I say, the pattern asks for a lot of yarn, so I have had to buy another one, and it is quite noticeably different. I am planning to use it for the neck, as the neck is folded over a few times. I am likely to be a bit short overall, so the neck might turn out to be slightly shorter than on the pattern, but as it is something like 50cm long, I don't think that will matter too much. A lot depends on how you fold it when you put it on anyway.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I’ve done my best to balance out the colours and have given myself a headache in the process! The light on that window ledge is terrible and it’s not as dark as it appears in some places.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

And with the flash on...
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Also, can you spot the odd one out? :))