Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
rosy

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by rosy »

She’s looking very sharp.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Is that an impressed face? I have to say, it doesn't look like it :)).
cluefree

Post by cluefree »

That’s so cute. She looks very smart. :lol:

Thanks, Morgs. I will definitely be furious and in literal knots at some point, I would imagine.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

MissA has made a cat today. Just needs the bow tie!
IMG_20200415_151726280_HDR.jpg
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

:hbeat:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh! Clever Miss A. That's really lovely, and clearly modelled on Prudence.
rosy

Post by rosy »

That’s fab, Miss A is very clever.

I need a break from sewing masks so I got out the flowers in the snow blanket. So much to do, and some mending needed as well before I can progress. I don’t know why I thought it was a good idea to do the shell edging at the same time rather than when it was all done! :ruby:
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Demelza

Post by Demelza »

That's really pretty, Rosy – my mum made me a mini one of those as a doll's blanket when I was little and I've still got it somewhere as it was so pretty.

I have been making hats – two of the children have them now, so does one of their cousins, one of their friends and my mum :)) It's a very easy rib pattern (from an original 70s pattern) but it's a bit hot for them now! Does anyone have any recommendations for easy knits for a beginner?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That’s quite a challenge, rosy! Looks fab though!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Jean bag. :mog:
rosy

Post by rosy »

So clever, Wendy!

I ran out of elastic for masks but 6mm stay tape is good for strings:
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Who is the bag for Wendy?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I had a jeans bag as a peg bag for years :)).

I finished the green sweater and am now working on the fade set one. I have wound off some of the yarn in the amounts I think/hope I'm going to need. 2 lots of 5g for the sleeves, 1 ball of 20g for the neck, and 60g for the body, leaving 10g of each colour over. It's working ok so far, but I'd reckoned without the fact that the pattern moves from knitting in the round to flat and back again a few times at the start (so that the front and back are separate for the sleeves after the shoulders have been knitted in the round). This has meant that I have had to do further sums to ensure that there is enough of the colour I'm working on to make it even across the front and back.

This had better be worth it when it's finished :lg:
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

rosy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:59 pm I ran out of elastic for masks but 6mm stay tape is good for strings:
What is stay tape usually for? Stabilising hems etc that might stretch out?
rosy

Post by rosy »

Exactly that, PG. I use it along arm and neck lines in jersey garments, particularly sleeveless dresses where the weight of the fabric has a tendency to pull the armholes and neckline out of shape.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Kleio wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:08 pm Who is the bag for Wendy?
Whichever child wants to accessorise with her dad’s old jeans at any given point. :lol: I’m still deciding what to do with the legs (maybe pot holders), but it was a change from face coverings.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

rosy wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:57 pm Exactly that, PG. I use it along arm and neck lines in jersey garments, particularly sleeveless dresses where the weight of the fabric has a tendency to pull the armholes and neckline out of shape.
I have some (wider though) and have used it for that, but wasn't sure what it was really meant for :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Matchy matchy, as Sproglette likes it. I think it’s quite pyjama like fabric wise (was originally chosen for a dress) though she intends to wear outside.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

And a dress and top.

The dress fabric was cut out a year ago for Sproglette to make it herself (and formed the basis for the top in the earlier set). The swing top pattern was cut out when Sproglette was 6 and I kept hold of it until Elvis was 6. :lol:
rosy

Post by rosy »

Lovely!