Crafting Plans and Projects

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Morganna

Re: Crafting Plans and Projects

Post by Morganna »

I like that, rosy. I’d want to change the neckline somehow, but it’s a lovely pattern and the knitted-up ones suggest that it works well.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I need to start sewing again once things settle down again. Unfortunately there isn't any classes where I am living for now. I'll have to pick something I know I can do otherwise I risk getting very stuck.
Malan
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

rosy wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:59 pm I want to start knitting again and I found this pattern on Ravelry which looks fun.
This is gorgeous! Particularly in the first colourway shown.

What don't you like about the neckline, Morgs?
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Oh, it looks lovely, but I would tug at it all the time as I'm not comfortable with wide necks. It's me, not the design. I also think that if it's warm enough for a jumper, it's too warm for a bare neck (or short sleeves) so there's that, too.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Definitely with you for the short sleeves :ttth:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I've had a nice few hours making some bookmarks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Morganna wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:42 pm I keep meaning to take some sort of sewing class. I have a machine, but don't have much idea of how to use it beyond the very basics,
This doesn't really belong on this thread but one of my business goals for this year is to launch an online dressmaking course. I had a go at putting together some video footage towards the end of Covid, but found doing all the camera work and editing, as well as doing the sewing demos, really hard work. This time, I'm going to enlist the help of a professional videographer. The thought of paying a professional should provide me with the motivation I need! :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I think that's a great idea! From my in-person classes, I've found it's the little tips and tricks and how to fix mistakes very helpful.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

H1ppychick wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:42 pm I like that, Wendy. What can you recall of the pattern?
It's broken rib, so every row is k2, p2 but staggered at the join so the first row K1 is the moss stitch, K2 is the stocking stitch 'chain', next row K1 is the stocking stitch 'chain', K2 is the moss stitch. I think there was 145 stitches on a circular needle. I ended up just knitting until it was big enough then used a straight needle to do a 3 needle cast off.

I've since made a lacy snood and a pot holder to use up some super chunky yarn. Plus a few storage pots that properly finished off the odds and ends! I'm now making a quilted effect cushion cover out of some cotton DK I was given.

That's a nice jumper pattern rosy, and some good sewing work going on there Wiggle (I missed your post just before mine until now!).
rosy

Post by rosy »

Excellent bookmarks, Wiggle!

I thought I’d better start small since I haven’t knitted anything for ages, so I’m making some glittens from some yarn I found in my stash to ease myself into it.

I hope to get them done by the weekend.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s pretty yarn rosy.

I finished my pinafore. I didn’t bother with a pocket but might on another one. It’s very satisfying hammering in the buttons!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I agree, the yarn is very pretty and I love the pinafore.

My first completed top; learning to put the sleeves in was stressful! It's quite a boxy finish but overall very pleased with how it's turned out.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Set in sleeves are difficult, so well done! It looks good.

The glittens pattern has so many mistakes (and all towards the end), I've had to undo several rows, work out all the errors with a chart, then reknit.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Very nice wiggle!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Looks great, Wiggle!

My crochet jumper is far too big so I think I'm going to have to undo it all. Or make it and give it to someone else. :cry:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

That’s such a shame lazz!
wendy james wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:41 pm I'm now making a quilted effect cushion cover out of some cotton DK I was given.
It needs buttons but is done other than that.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That's pretty, Wendy. I've made lots of similar baby blankets over the years. I hate unravelling things, lazzi (which is unfortunate, given the number of mistakes I make). If you have someone in mind, I would gift it and do another one for you.

I got into my comfort zone with the striped jumper and ordered this bundle from a destash on Ravelry to make another one. I can't decide whether to do the contrast colour in dark green or dark red, as I have both. Neither is perfect, so maybe I should get another colour, but I'd rather use up some of my stash than buy more :blah:

Screenshot 2024-01-15 at 20.12.08.png
rosy

Post by rosy »

That's a shame, Lazz; I love the colours you used.

Lovely pattern, Wenders. The glittens are finished and I have the best part of three balls of yarn leftover, so I'm going to see how much of a hooded scarf I can make.
Luna

Post by Luna »

More cuts completed in my new stained glass project. There was another big bit put in place but I forgot to photo it.

It all felt a bit difficult today so I called it strained glass. Only 10 bits left to cut before leading it up.
IMG_3311.jpeg
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Oh Luna that is lovely, lazz I do like the pattern.

This is my next top I completed. First week I was really unsure how it turn out due to the material slipping, so the neck line isn't too pretty. This week we used a walking foot and it made a huge difference. I have enough material left to make a tank top I think.

I've signed up to a class to make these culottes but plan to make them longer and in a softer material if possible.