Geocaching

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Texaco Shirley

Re: Geocaching

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That’s a good haul, especially in those conditions.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Yes, they weren’t all straight forward ones either. We were aiming for 14 so mustn’t grumble.

Going to Virginia Water tomorrow. There are 20-odd available!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good luck! There are a couple of big circuits near here now but I struggle to find time for them.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Cerise wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:38 pm Geocachers are nice people. I’ve had it on my Watchlist since it started out and noticed it getting closer. Then I spotted someone picked it up and messaged to ask if there was any chance it could head towards Surrey. He said he wasn’t coming this way but he’d take it to the next meet and see if someone would take it. There was a meet last night and a cacher whose name I see a lot around here took it so I messaged him and explained. Turns out he lives two miles away from me so he took it to one of his cache sites that I had a DNF on, sent me a picture of his bike leaning against the right tree and we went for an family evening walk to collect it. :))
I am utterly made up with this! I shall see if I can log in again and change the mission. Where do I need to tell it to go? Frooooome then The North?

Mr Swoose uses scarywebby on a few things, Instagram etc. It could be him. :))

Thank you so much, Cerise. I am dead chuffed Batface is on the move again.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Ah, Mr Swoose. I thought it was linked to a long gone Turtle because I don’t know many other people in Scotland!

It was fun trying to get it! Maybe Tex can identify a cache for it to go to. We need to get Ruby on board too.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I can pick it up! I need to reactivate my account
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Yay!

We found our 200th today. I wouldn’t tell the boys the hint so that I could be the one to find it! :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Bat Macdui wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 am
Cerise wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:38 pm Geocachers are nice people. I’ve had it on my Watchlist since it started out and noticed it getting closer. Then I spotted someone picked it up and messaged to ask if there was any chance it could head towards Surrey. He said he wasn’t coming this way but he’d take it to the next meet and see if someone would take it. There was a meet last night and a cacher whose name I see a lot around here took it so I messaged him and explained. Turns out he lives two miles away from me so he took it to one of his cache sites that I had a DNF on, sent me a picture of his bike leaning against the right tree and we went for an family evening walk to collect it. :))
I am utterly made up with this! I shall see if I can log in again and change the mission. Where do I need to tell it to go? Frooooome then The North?

Mr Swoose uses scarywebby on a few things, Instagram etc. It could be him. :))

Thank you so much, Cerise. I am dead chuffed Batface is on the move again.
Yay! Send it towards Frome and I’ll put it on my watchlist. If it gets anywhere close I’ll go get it.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

From daily thread: We did the Junipers and Box Hill series. It’s 20 caches and a bonus and a mixture of different types of cache types including some puzzles that are quite child friendly (like knowing the order of colours in the rainbow, planets and Harry Potter books). We didn’t do it all today! Starting at no1 you can do a short, medium or long walk. We did some on that awful wet day I posted about before and then others today by parking at the top of Box Hill. It’s a decent family circuit, imo.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

However, my series map now looks like this which is annoying and I’ll have to go back!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I hate it when that happens. I need to go back for this one.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Oh that is VERY annoying! Is it far from you? The blue face on my map hasn’t had any more logs or notes since mine so I won’t return any time soon!

I end the year on 244 finds, more than half of which are from 2018. I got several geocaching related gifts so need to look into setting off travel bugs and setting own geocaches.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It’s not too far away, 20 minutes or so drive.

I hope to have time to go out more in January. December was too busy and quite a few new ones have accumulated near me. I’m on 644 total but I’m not sure how many were in 2018.

ETA it was 101.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We found an owl this morning.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Great owl. Good facial expression :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Went out for 20 today and found 21! :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Sounds like a good day!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

It was a really nice child friendly trail of 16 with some good hides and fun containers. I tagged on some others in the local area but missed one on my list which showed up when using the app. The boys were delighted with our record breaking day. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Did you find that puzzle one?
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Not yet. It’s not too far away so I’ll head off there some time soon.