Geocaching

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Texaco Shirley

Re: Geocaching

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I suspect the marker beacon thing was a deliberate red herring though. Just slightly annoyed at falling for it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Another ridiculously difficult puzzle to do, any ideas??

https://coord.info/GC5KNJP
Rhodonite

Post by Rhodonite »

I haven't come across any puzzles yet, so I don't really know what I'm looking for as an answer. Presumably the coordinates for the cache?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That’s right.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I was balanced slightly precariously on a bank today peering into the bole of a tree, loads of leaf litter, and thought I could see the top of the cache poking out so I reached in for it. It was a frog :lol: I’m not sure who was more startled.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

:mog: Wah! :mog: Did you find the cache though?

I got eyed up very suspiciously yesterday when I was doing a C&D to get the Roman Colosseum!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I did once I found the right tree :lol:

That confused me for a minute :)) I’m onto the ancient wonders now.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Yes me too. Are you going out without the children. I’ve realised that one of the things I miss about the boys being here is the random geocaching walks!

BTW, I didn’t look closely at that puzzle. Did you solve it?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yes, I’m going out at lunchtime to get away from my desk although I’m going to run out of anything close enough soon. I have a few on a cycling list that I was going to get L to come along to but I have to wait for the end of his quarantine now.

Nope, haven’t solved it yet.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I am making the family humour me today and we’re going out for four caches that will take me to 200 finds this year. Still won’t finish the bloody Wonders of the World task though. All the wrong wonders.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Mission accomplished although I almost couldn’t sign the 200th due to a disintegrated log paper!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done! I’m not even close to that.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Productive day solving a puzzle with fifty stages! :mog: It’s too far to collect at the moment. :lg:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

We got out for the first time in ages yesterday. 14/14 on a newish circuit in walking distance of my friend’s house.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We also did our first proper circuit of the year yesterday at Epsom Racecourse. Fourteen caches plus a CM but we skipped numbers 10 and 11 as my friend’s daughter was knackered. I can’t tell you how hard it was not to argue with skipping some! I wanted to tell them to sit and rest while I went for them!

Another friend and her son set a “stealth” circuit recently and have been waiting for us to be allowed to go and do it so we’re off there next week.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I have adopted Bats’ travel bug that I picked up a couple of years ago so will redo its mission and send it back out. We have also settled on two sites for caches near our house so will sort those out soon too.

I’ve stumbled across a set of jigsaw puzzle caches. It says they are of “various sizes”. The first is 12 pieces. At least two are over 450 pieces! My eyes will be crossed!
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Yay for the bug having a new home. :)) Now I have (painfully) re-accessed that account* I might start doing some of the ones on summits again. They're quite fun.

*Apparently, the email account I was using as a main one in 2011 now has 5,239 emails, mostly from TES job alerts.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

If a puzzle hint is “pet piano” and it’s a religious theme, where would you start?

Also says that the CO wouldn’t be against you using the Wiki list.

It’s only a D2 but I can’t see the wood for the trees! Although I have enough local knowledge to be able to find it from what the logs say!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

No idea :)) Something to do with keys?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Cerise wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:50 am If a puzzle hint is “pet piano” and it’s a religious theme, where would you start?

Also says that the CO wouldn’t be against you using the Wiki list.

It’s only a D2 but I can’t see the wood for the trees! Although I have enough local knowledge to be able to find it from what the logs say!
What’s the GC code?