Sew much fabric, sew little time

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
rosy

Re: Sew much fabric, sew little time

Post by rosy »

Thank you! I'll take a snap of the quilt top with the border on it tomorrow.

I should get it backed and quilted over Easter and then I'm going back to the black/white cat quilt that I did a test block for a couple of years ago.

OTH, I love that jacket! Lucky monkey.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Love the jacket OTH!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Finally got around to this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Your quilts absolutely blow my mind Rosy. They are so good!

I haven’t done any sewing for a long time but using some machine and hand stitching I made this hat for Betty.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

That's a great hat. And a perfect setting
Malan
Marth

Post by Marth »

I have accidently snipped a tiny hole in the front of a dress that I'm making. Is there anything really good I can get to mend it/to stop it getting worse?
Malan
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I use clear nail polish to stop it running
Marth

Post by Marth »

That's a great idea. I'll do that on the inside then iron a little bit of lightweight fusible interfacing on the inside.

I've finished the dress but found the neck and it's facing so difficult and it's not right. Talk about "easing" it all in! :(
Malan
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

That is such a lovely dress and looks great on you!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

That looks lovely on you, Marth. You'd never know there was anything wrong with it.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Marth

Post by Marth »

overthehill wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:15 pm That looks lovely on you, Marth. You'd never know there was anything wrong with it.
Thanks OTH. The collar had to really eased in. Then the facing had to be as well, and it ended up like an internal frill! I had to cut it as it was pulling the v at the front.
Malan
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I made a little doorstop from some old jeans. And I think the ribbon for the tab was wrapped around some pjs I bought once!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’ve just cut out the pieces for a hoodie, 2 dresses and 4 skirts and added them to the pile of pieces for 3 hooded sweaters. I have a sore forefinger and think I’m good for sewing to do this month. :lol:
Marth

Post by Marth »

I like that Cerise. What's in it?
You'll be busy, Wendy!
I made some simple pull on trews today out of a bit of fabric I had.

I need some fabric for a pair of comedy wide culottes I want to make
Malan
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

That’s quite a to-do list, Wendy!

The doorstops have a few stones in and some toy stuffing. I have a bag of smallish decorative stone that I bought from a garden centre and I wash them and use them in the doorstops I’ve made. Lots of people use rice but using food stuffs squicks me out a bit.

I plan to put a day aside to finally make the Christmas gift bags I bought fabric for.
Marth

Post by Marth »

Cerise wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:06 pm That’s quite a to-do list, Wendy!

The doorstops have a few stones in and some toy stuffing. I have a bag of smallish decorative stone that I bought from a garden centre and I wash them and use them in the doorstops I’ve made. Lots of people use rice but using food stuffs squicks me out a bit.

I plan to put a day aside to finally make the Christmas gift bags I bought fabric for.
That's a good idea. I'm very adverse to using foodstuffs in them. I found maggots under a fabric doorstop a few weeks ago :cry:
Malan
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Oh yuck!!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I just accidentally clicked on the first post rather than last post and realised I've still never made a dress in mint green boucle from 2016. And I still have the fabric and matching lining in my stash. :lol:

So I've made some progress. One dress was binned (and one of the skirts as it was the same material and I fell out of with it so didn't waste my time) but the other is now ready to wear. Two skirts were done for Sproglette and a black cord one remains for me.

The hoodie jacket is all done apart from the zip, which needs a bit of time as the hoodie is lined.

I made 4 tops for the girls along the way. I got a mystery parcel from my usual jersey provider and promised Sproglette I'd make a few tops for the cooler weather. She got 3 out of it, though I did buy another metre of plain jersey as it was all patterned and I needed it for sleeves. Elvis got one of those horrendous scrappy tops she likes. It has skulls, llamas, whales and stripes; I'll have to get a picture when she's back from London. :lol:

I've just whipped up a couple of chromebook sleeves as P is concerned they're going to scratch the TV cabinet. They're a bit quick and dirty but they're padded and that was the important thing!
Marth

Post by Marth »

You really are a sewing machine! I am in awe of your productivity. Those sleeves look great.
Malan