Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
absley

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by absley »

I went to a visible mending workshop this week, and created this to cover a hole in some knitwear. Am looking forward to getting better at it! Apparently it will also neaten up a bit if I iron/ steam it lightly, which I will also try.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Oh that looks great! Was it to cover a moth hole? (I HATE MOTHS SO MUCH :verm: )
absley

Post by absley »

I don't know about mine, but others had moth eaten items. One lady's scarf had dozens of such holes which she's planning to cover.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Oh that does look good. I like the idea of learning more on how to repair clothes and bring new life to them

Here are a couple of my latest completed projects
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I have those wristlets things pinned but have never got any further. :))
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I have a wristlet for my keys and it’s great. I can do the school run and still have hands without my bag (or pockets)

I love the little bag.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Decorative darning can be so pretty. FB keep showing the cleverest fixes in my newsfeed. I love the knot bag, wiggle.

I've been making more children's clothes for R's 14 month grandson, A. We saw him, while in the UK last weekend and I was actually a bit shocked how big he'd got. These are sized for an 18 month old child, but I reckon he'll only get a couple of months out of them.

The cable-knit is a poly/wool mix with a rather too synthetic-feeling wrong side, so I lined it with a cotton jersey that I also used for the facing in the overalls. The overalls are made in a sweatshirt jersey with a fleece backing.
S8759-overalls-jacket-18mth-1.jpg
S8759-overalls-jacket-18mth-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They’re lovely OTH.

I like the darning and sewing too!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

OTH, what a lovely outfit!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

They are beautiful, OTH.

I saw a demo of decorative darning at Woolfest once, and its was nothing like as nice as yours, abs. They took perfectly nice-looking garments and made them look like costumes from Oliver Twist. I might have a closer look at it having seen yours, as the moth/cashmere balance is rarely in the favour of my knitting :verm:.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

I love that ensemble, oth!
Morganna wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:38 pm I saw a demo of decorative darning at Woolfest once, and its was nothing like as nice as yours, abs. They took perfectly nice-looking garments and made them look like costumes from Oliver Twist.
:lol:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Mini fabric basket completed and very pleased with the end result. Working out how it all fitted together caused a bit of a headache and ripping it up to start again.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Wiggle, have you come across Happy Days Sewing? They do lots of non-clothing patterns for beginners. I’ve just bought and downloaded a few - including a hot water bottle cover - as I hadn’t visited the website for a while and there was loads of new stuff.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I made all the pieces when Kleio posted about hers but only put it together this afternoon.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

And just finished this chap too. He’s come out WAY bigger than expected! :lol:
Margo

Post by Margo »

I didn’t take a pic (meant to but forgot) but when I was at Mums last weekend she’d come across my A level dressmaking project and showed me - it felt chic at the time to 16 year old me!

Poo brown silk camisole / French knickers set with sleeveless wrap, trimmed with cream lace.

I haven’t seen it for 40 years! I looked it over and it was exquisitely sewn (hand sewn in a lot of places) as I was such a neat freak then! I decided there and then to start sewing for me again as I mostly repair / alter things for other people and make smaller items like that basket above.

I’ll get a pic next time then you can all laugh at what was chic in the 80s 😂
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

How wonderful, Margo. How sophisticated! :)) Do let's see a photo.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Luna

Post by Luna »

It sounds great Margo!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I look forward to seeing it Margo!

This is the ‘scrappy’ top I mentioned in another thread. Excuse the creases, I just recovered it from an overnight bag.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

wendy james wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:56 am Wiggle, have you come across Happy Days Sewing? They do lots of non-clothing patterns for beginners. I’ve just bought and downloaded a few - including a hot water bottle cover - as I hadn’t visited the website for a while and there was loads of new stuff.
Thanks Wendy, will take a look. Eventually I want to move onto clothing but not brave enough just yet. I love tops you have made.