Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
wendy james

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by wendy james »

And another one crossed off the list! I’m trying to repurpose her old dressing gown for trousers but she’s a but of a hoarder is Elvis. :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

One of these days I will learn to sew. You make such lovely things.

I am knitting this (making it up as I go along). It is a tube, so the back isn’t on show, and I used a provisional cast-on, as I can’t decide whether to make it into a long scarf with pom-poms on the ends (the ends drawn in to shape them), or join it into a loop as an infinity scarf/cowl.

I also can’t decide whether to give it to J’s fiancée. I don’t know her well, so am not sure if she’ll like it, and don’t want to feature on those ‘look at the hideous present from my MIL’ threads :)). Is it a marmite thing, do you think, definitely atrocious, or something a 29 year old is likely to wear?
4929CC3C-0499-4CE1-8F96-22DD9F48ACEC.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I think it's lovely and would be very pleased with it as a gift. I do favour granny chic style though so maybe check with a young person too. :lol:
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Thank you Shoebles. I shall refer it back to you when I've got to the point where I have to decide what to do about the scarf/cowl dilemma :)).

I know it's impossible without knowing C, really. She is a jeans and sweatshirt type as far as I can tell, is a bit 'alternative' (awful word, but she has tattooees and piercings, and plans to wear white Converses with her wedding dress). I think Fair Isle was 'in' a couple of years ago, but don't know if the trend has gone the way of the ra ra skirt :)).
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I like it, but also not your target audience.

I’ve spent the afternoon playing around with the contents of the charity bag. Both girls have got an outfit they like. Elvis has a dress made of out of top of mine I hardly ever wore but liked the front of. Sproglette has a top and skirt from a Sainsbury’s dress I liked but it sat a bit funny across the bust and I realised I wasn’t opting to wear it much. I’ve suggest she doesn’t wear them together. :))

They don’t fit them perfectly (well, the elasticated skirt does obviously) but it’s been fun.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Sproglette is so tall and look at her hair :love:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

She no longer gets leggings out of my offcuts, I have to buy fabric especially. :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Are you practising for the GB Sewing Bee, Wendy? I was going to ask where on earth you find the time but then I remembered that you get up sixteen* hours before I do.

*tiny exaggeration
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Ha, no, I don’t have the skills nor the imagination!

I sometimes spend a chunk of time cutting out patterns and fabric, which means if I get time to sew I can then fire through quite a bit. Plus knits, like the dressing gown and sweatshirts, are quick to do as they require less pressing and finishing.

It’s not like we can go anywhere at the moment either!
smalex

Post by smalex »

You are so prolific! Pro-looking clothes on a daily basis.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Oh they're lovely!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

They are!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They’re so pretty!
smalex

Post by smalex »

I spent ages carving out a lino print this weekend. Its not printing perfectly but I'm going to order some more paper and try again. Its a bit more childlike than I'd sketched out :verm:
20201115_122000.jpg
20201115_122006.jpg
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The print is lovely smal!

I love the reusable name tags too. Did you do them by hand, Beatrix?
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I like that smal! Not childlike at all.

A cardigan and a dress from the charity bag made into a tunic and a dress. The dress had white collar and cuffs that were greying so the strip I took out of the middle, because I wanted to keep the pockets , became the neckband and I got to use my popper tool for the first time.
Dandelion

Post by Dandelion »

I am back with another floristry masterpiece. This time, a garland! My FIL is a gardener so he got all the foliage for me. I was quite happy with how it turned out - it is all held together with a bin bag. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smalex

Post by smalex »

That looks brilliant!
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

It does!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We have very talented Turtles.