Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Kleio

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by Kleio »

They are so lovely Cerise.

A friend of mine has also made Christmas decorations but hers are awful.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

:lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I started the viking helmet. The yarn I'm using is Lopi Icelandic wool (for 'authenticity' :)) ). It is hairy, which makes it really hard to see where I am up to when I am knitting, but if I get anything wrong it will show, as there is a definite pattern on it. There may be trouble ahead . . . :sing:
tempImageaK27lS.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
smalex

Post by smalex »

M is for.... the name of my step nephew in law :look:
20201204_183255.jpg
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They’re cute Cerise, and I like that smal.

I’m intrigued by that Morgs!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Lovely, smal!

First day of the pop up shop today and I sold a blanket and a star garland.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ooh wheres this one Cerise? Good result!
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

It’s at the same place as the last one. Next to a cafe at a big dog walkers place so quite a lot of passing trade. The shop took just over £700 today! The main artist sold two pieces totalling £290.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

wendy james wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:45 pmI’m intrigued by that Morgs!
78A581FE-A301-4EE7-8714-35586B63E6A0.jpeg
This is it now. I will finish the brim tonight and try to get the horns done over the weekend. There is an optional spike on the top, which I may as well do, and then plaits. I plan to make them detachable if I can, as I think the hat will be daft enough without them :)).

I love the white blanket with the flowers Cerise.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Thanks. That’s the one that sold.

Look forward to seeing the finished hat, Morgs!
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

This thread is very cheering. :) I'm also looking forward to seeing that hat.

I paused my Fashion Design course in March. I should have graduated with my year yesterday (via Zoom :pop: ) but, instead, the college Principal was in touch to ask if I was going back in January. I should. I need to rediscover my mojo.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Is the course going to complete over Zoom, as opposed to face to face?

I don't know how possible that is for a practical course, but if that is the way they are doing it, don't be put off. My MA went online for the second year, and whereas they have cut back on quite a lot of the content (which is disappointing), the format works, and having a focus has been a godsend in the lockdown. If your course is theoretical rather than practical, it's worth considering.

OTOH, if the vaccine means that things can get back to normal faster than we thought, you might want to wait. . .

(Morgs - dithering since the dawn of time :ella:)
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

A Christmas top for me and a pot holder. I managed to blow the fuse and bulb on my machine and trip the circuit, cutting off Sproglette’s online art class, because I didn’t get a pin out fast enough. I hate bias binding at the best of times. :lol:

I have enough special thermal stuff to make 2 pot holders and will send my parents the best of them.

And my cable knit tunic from the other day.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Morganna wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:38 pm Is the course going to complete over Zoom, as opposed to face to face?
They closed the college during the two lockdowns and went over to Zoom tutoring, which was part of the reason I dropped out. Driving down to Mallow each week was a joy. It was <<my>> day - a lovely day off, away from the shop. I loved the camaraderie of being with the other students and I just couldn't find the motivation to be showing off bits of artwork/design/sewing to my tutor on Zoom - accompanied by a convoluted explanation of what I was working on.

The college did a lot of work over the summer to make sure it was compliant with all the relevant Covid legislation and it looks great. So - theoretically - I'd have no worries attending in person, from a safety point of view. Only, I do. I don't think I'd feel comfortable, driving to a county that has been far worse hit by Covid than we have, and spending the whole day in the company of a classroom of other students. I think the answer might be a sort of mix and match approach. Go into college when I need to and work at home otherwise. Anyway, I've taken up enough of this thread. :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I hope you get to complete in the future OTH.

Remnants and recycling this afternoon. Leggings and a dress for Sproglette from leftovers of my dress and hoodie. Elvis has some leggings made from a tunic I’ve grown bored of and some black jersey I had spare.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

And finally, some wrist warmers. I have plans to make them to match the girls’ tops so this was a practice and will do for me.

If I had nicer fabric I’d be switching to these instead of knitted for teacher presents!
Last edited by wendy james on Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I love your cable tunic Wendleberry.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Am I right in remembering that you only took up dressmaking a few years ago, Wendy? You’re so good, and so prolific.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Gosh no, it’s been five years now! Knitted stuff on the overlocker is dead quick.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Beatrix wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:34 pm Five years?! I started making my first quilt longer ago... it’s still not finished :lol:.
Officially I've had a cross stitch on the go since 1999 :mog: