Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
H1ppychick

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by H1ppychick »

Yep, lazz - this is the pattern pic from the link (and the colour I was going to make for myself).
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ah! I see. I'd inevitably get it stuck in my coat. :))
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I'm a bit annoyed now as I've been on several calls today where it would have been good to have something to do whilst I was listening and I don't have anything else to hand down here to work on.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Looking good Shoe!

Just in case this is of use to anyone, a flash sale on paper sewing patterns at Sewdirect.

Elvis asked for dungarees shorts recently and I added them to the list, needing both a pattern and material. I was VERY PLEASED that she found some denim ones to buy today. :lol:
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

wendy james wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:22 pm Just in case this is of use to anyone, a flash sale on paper sewing patterns at Sewdirect.
Hopefully, Simplicity are better at delivering patterns to customers from their own website, than they are at delivering patterns to their retailers ...

Having chased DPD and Simplicity for a week, I found out today that my latest pattern order was sent down the wrong chute at DPD's Athlone depot and is now on its way back to Stockport! :ella:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Sorry about that. I was irritated.

Hope you don't mind me posting this, but I'm quite pleased with how this conceptual idea has translated into reality. This was the sketch (somehow I don't seem to get how to draw realistic limbs :) ) The garment under the jacket is supposed to be a bustier made from recycled jeans. I hate it.
jacket-sketch.jpg
Here's the pattern draft (obvious second attempt):
jacket-pattern-draft.jpg
And here's the toile (yay! it fits together :)) ):
jacket-toile.jpg
I've committed to making it up in a faux leather-type fabric, but I'd prefer it in something really light and translucent. (Poor Doris badly needs some trews. :lol:)
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Doris! Is that for a customer, OTH?

I've just enquired about a sewing class. I've missed the first week but they said they'll catch me up beforehand if I decide to go ahead. I get to make a cushion cover, a tote bag and a pair of pyjama bottoms. I'm a bit unsure about two hours of wearing my glasses and a mask though.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Toast wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 pm Doris! Is that for a customer, OTH?

I've just enquired about a sewing class. I've missed the first week but they said they'll catch me up beforehand if I decide to go ahead. I get to make a cushion cover, a tote bag and a pair of pyjama bottoms. I'm a bit unsure about two hours of wearing my glasses and a mask though.
Not for a customer. I gave up dressmaking commissions in order to take myself back to college. The jacket is part of one of three 'Looks' for my final exam.

I've also had to give up live dressmaking classes. We're still in lockdown but, even when we open up again, our current shop is just too small to be able to social distance. So I'm working on an online course. For my first effort, I'm going to get everyone making a pencil skirt. Not very exciting, but quick and it gives me the opportunity to teach plenty of re-useable techniques.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

My mannequin is also called Doris. :mrgreen:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

rosy

Post by rosy »

Three different styles (very similar) of work-in-progress bags. They have clear plastic fronts so you can see what is inside. The one in the middle is quickest to make but I think I prefer the style of the one on the left. They have stiff backing so that they can stand up on a shelf.

If we ever get back to in person teaching, they will be very useful to take everything needed for a project, so that I won’t turn up at class without the right colour thread and one missing pattern piece.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

They look much smarter than my mixture of Wool Warehouse bags, postal bags and the clear bags fabric used to come in from Minerva Crafts! They look fab.

I’ve made my first fully lined zipped jacket with jersey, with matching bottoms. I’ve convinced her it’s more lounge wear than outside wear as a pair (especially as her legs have grown since I measured for the joggers :)) ).
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

She looks pleased as punch! What a lovely set.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

That’s so cool! Pip will be asking if you take commissions, I can just imagine a pair of gym leggings in that material.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I love her loungewear set!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

rosy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:48 pm I love her loungewear set!
So do I, and your bags look really useful too. I am half way through knitting a tunic. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow, as I am using my phone as a hotspot for my laptop just now.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Panda set and a jumpsuit. The latter looks better on but she’s already modelled. And of course there’s a larger size romper expected for her sister!
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I love those pandas.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

It's cute, isn't it? It's very warm too as it's lined with the same french terry.

I got so much done over the long weekend. I made P a plan hoodie using the pattern from his Christmas one and made Sproglette her matching jumpsuit, which she wore to the zoo. She's outgrown her leggings so has 3 pairs of cropped leggings (her choice) in progress, and I have also got 2 pairs of leggings from grey and indigo denim-style stretch fabric for me ready to be hemmed. Plus a leopard-style print tunic to wear with them.

I then cut out SO MUCH. :lol: A skirt for Sproglette, a dress and a top for Elvis as well as some culottes and shorts. Then matching t-shirts for me and the girls (mine is slightly different to theirs) using some camping/hedgehogs fabric I bought a while ago.

I'm aiming to do a small amount every day. I put in the waistband and hemmed one pair of leggings yesterday, so this is going to take a while. :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Camping print T-shirts. I couldn’t find Sproglette’s so went outside to ask where she’s put it and she’s wearing it. Hers is the same as Elvis’s.