Show your (craft)work

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
wendy james

Re: Show your (craft)work

Post by wendy james »

Four dresses hemmed. :perky:

The rainbow thread I’m using is dead handy, and the girls opted for a reverse cover stitch on their dresses which really shows it off.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Lovely!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Pretty!
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

This is the stab stitch one. It was interesting to do but of limited value as you can't really open it. :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Is it something you can change next time?

There are all done bar some minor things like fastenings or closing elastic casing.

The skirt and culottes were started last year then parked when it got cooler. :lol:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I bought the dress fabric in person on NYE, which was so nice for a change! I love the pattern.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

It might be better done from the top rather than the side and if the stitches were set not as far in.

I like that fabric. I wish I could make clothes, or at least alter them to fit properly. I've got so many things that would look nicer if they were just a bit shorter or more fitted.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

You're a dressmaking machine, wendy!

Bean, I love your books. Did you go on a course or are you self taught?
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

Just lots of you tube videos, Lazz. I would like to go on a proper book binding course. There is one in Edinburgh and I would like to do it when lockdown is over.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Wow! You must have quite a talent for it, YouTube videos always outfox me. I remember trying to learn crochet from them and it was utterly impossible. :))

I want to do a calligraphy course after lockdown.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I mean I only show you the stuff that turns out ok...
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

:lol: Don't we all?

Shoe, how goes the jumper? I bought that designer's bobble hat pattern and will start on that soon.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Calligraphy sounds fabulous lazzi. :yes:

I made a pair of leggings for myself, which isn’t very interesting (they’re just grey denim-look) but could come in useful.

I’ve also fiddled with a couple of dresses that weren’t very flattering by making one a tunic (so can be worn over leggings) and adding some elastic to the other so it no longer hangs from the end of my boobs but from underneath them. :lol: Neither will be my favourite but they’re slightly more wearable now.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I saw the hat pattern, it looks lovely!

I have, a very short, sleeve happening! And additional length.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

And tiny bits of yarn all over my carpet. :look:
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’ve finished the cowl I wanted to make for my Mum’s birthday in a fortnight, I’m pretty happy with it and it was nice to make a fast knit after eternities of huge blankets - it just needs a tiny bit of blocking to square it up. The pattern didn’t say what bind-off should be used so after googling last night I tried the Icelandic for the first time, I quite like it.

It’s a lovely yarn and I bought two other colourways. The pinky/brown one was an alternative for my mum in case I didn’t like the colours of the first attempt, but since I love the first one for my mum’s colouring I might use the second colour and make the same thing for a friend who has a birthday mid-May and who it will suit. The greeny one was for me. I might make the same thing a third time, or I might buy more of this now I know how it knits up and make a poncho or something instead.
Last edited by H1ppychick on Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

That's lovely - what yarn and pattern is it? It looks like Freedom Spirit, and I have some of that somewhere. I have dozens of cowls - I find them really useful, and somehow less easy to lose than scarves.

Shoe, that is really effective. I would never have guessed that it would work so well. Crocheted things are so much nicer than they used to be - at one time they all seemed to be like the wrong kind of lace :)). I wish I could do it, but my hands won't stop trying to knit with the hook.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

It's Rico Creative Design Melange Chunky. The greeny colourway is called Cinnamon-Azur, I can't remember offhand what the other two are called. I'll refresh my memory.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

https://www.woolwarehouse.co.uk/yarn/ri ... ll-colours

I think the colour I've used was 054 Grey-Pink and the other one I bought was 052 Terra Mix.

This is the pattern
https://www.deramores.com/products/cowl ... nge-chunky
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Loving that jumper, Shoe! Is a cowl like a neckwarmer? The colourway is lovely, H1ppy.